Who's minding the White House?

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
I don't understand why conservatives don't have a fit over the expenditures to Florida almost every week. Guess where he is spending Easter? Yup.....you guessed it, Florida.

The conserve in conservative seems to be missing here. Do you guys really only care when it's "the other guy" doing it? If Obama had taken near weekly trips to Florida I would have taken issue with it. I don't see why conservatives cannot do the same over Trump.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I don't understand why conservatives don't have a fit over the expenditures to Florida almost every week.
I think you're making a basic mistake, here. Trump is not a conservative. Trump was not elected by conservatives. As Trump himself has stated,

"This is called the Republican Party, it's not called the Conservative Party."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-republican-party-not-called-conservative-party/

Conservatives today do not have a home in either party.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
I think you're making a basic mistake, here. Trump is not a conservative. Trump was not elected by conservatives. As Trump himself has stated,

"This is called the Republican Party, it's not called the Conservative Party."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-republican-party-not-called-conservative-party/

Conservatives today do not have a home in either party.
That's all irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Trump is or is not. My point is how conservatives here are treating him differently and not raising a stink over the things they should be.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
That's all irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Trump is or is not. My point is how conservatives here are treating him differently and not raising a stink over the things they should be.
Cool. :) But, why should anyone care? The true conservative vote doesn't count for anything anymore. They now have little sway in a party now dominated by the Freedom Caucus on one end and Trump on the other. They have even less hold over a Democratic party now running pell-mell towards the arms of the Left.

I'm not sure there are very many true "conservatives" on this forum board either, from what I've seen... :(

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Again, I would not give Obama a pass if he was taking weekly trips to Florida. I already stated that.
You know it's more than that. But hey I stated a few times the moron should indeed keep in mind we are paying for all of this AND he is indeed a hipocrite for complaining about obama while he's out doing it

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I don't understand why conservatives don't have a fit over the expenditures to Florida almost every week. Guess where he is spending Easter? Yup.....you guessed it, Florida.

The conserve in conservative seems to be missing here. Do you guys really only care when it's "the other guy" doing it? If Obama had taken near weekly trips to Florida I would have taken issue with it. I don't see why conservatives cannot do the same over Trump.
You don't really see too many people defending him other than saying it might be a phase while he gets used to not being just a rich dude.

If this becomes an every weekend deal he better be getting huge results from the people he is meeting there. If I was a foreign president I'd much rather go to a resort than the White House though personally.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone

Because it would go against the hypocritical oath they took when they became conservatives.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Omg. They are acting like democrats who gave obama a pass on everything , how DARE they :mad:
Hyperbole. And deflection.

Apparently last night he was IN the White House - but tweeted his Passover well wishes instead of actually attending the Seder in the White House. Something Obama did all 8 years. Kind of negates the sincerity of the tweet a bit. But what do you expect from a reality tv president where fiction reigns supreme.