Who's minding the White House?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Apr 10, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I wouldn't mind the extra space - but my commute would suck.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I volunteer my services. I just need them to remove the bowling alley, put in a range and allow me access to SS weapons for range use.:D

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

They've left the keys with the next door neighbour.

6. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Andrew Jackson?

7. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the way security it its kept unlocked.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't understand why conservatives don't have a fit over the expenditures to Florida almost every week. Guess where he is spending Easter? Yup.....you guessed it, Florida.

The conserve in conservative seems to be missing here. Do you guys really only care when it's "the other guy" doing it? If Obama had taken near weekly trips to Florida I would have taken issue with it. I don't see why conservatives cannot do the same over Trump.

10. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I think you're making a basic mistake, here. Trump is not a conservative. Trump was not elected by conservatives. As Trump himself has stated,

"This is called the Republican Party, it's not called the Conservative Party."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-republican-party-not-called-conservative-party/

Conservatives today do not have a home in either party.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's all irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Trump is or is not. My point is how conservatives here are treating him differently and not raising a stink over the things they should be.

12. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Cool. :) But, why should anyone care? The true conservative vote doesn't count for anything anymore. They now have little sway in a party now dominated by the Freedom Caucus on one end and Trump on the other. They have even less hold over a Democratic party now running pell-mell towards the arms of the Left.

I'm not sure there are very many true "conservatives" on this forum board either, from what I've seen... :(

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Omg. They are acting like democrats who gave obama a pass on everything , how DARE they :mad:

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Again, I would not give Obama a pass if he was taking weekly trips to Florida. I already stated that.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You know it's more than that. But hey I stated a few times the moron should indeed keep in mind we are paying for all of this AND he is indeed a hipocrite for complaining about obama while he's out doing it

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You don't really see too many people defending him other than saying it might be a phase while he gets used to not being just a rich dude.

If this becomes an every weekend deal he better be getting huge results from the people he is meeting there. If I was a foreign president I'd much rather go to a resort than the White House though personally.

17. Zenithal Suspended

18. HEK Suspended

HEK

Because it would go against the hypocritical oath they took when they became conservatives.

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Hyperbole. And deflection.

Apparently last night he was IN the White House - but tweeted his Passover well wishes instead of actually attending the Seder in the White House. Something Obama did all 8 years. Kind of negates the sincerity of the tweet a bit. But what do you expect from a reality tv president where fiction reigns supreme.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Maybe they just think the government should be held to account.

21. HEK Suspended

HEK

The people that make up the government should be held to account. First step is ethical behavior without hyporacy. Lead by example not buy their mouth.