Who's next to be thrown out of the Trump White House?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Apr 9, 2017.

?

Which Trump aide is next to get booted out of the White House?

Poll closed Apr 19, 2017.
  1. Steve Bannon (not just demoted, but kicked to the curb)

21 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. Toyota Preibus (POTUS always hated Toyotas to begin with)

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Sean Spicer (he could always get a job playing himself in SNL skits)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Son-in-law Jared Kushner (he's the source of much of the infighting)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Trump is readying a new reshuffle of his White House. Too much infighting, too much backstabbing, too much drama. And yet the ratings still suck? Time to fire some people!

2. Scepticalscribe, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My sense is that he (that is "He", in other words, Mr Trump), favours the 'medieval court' style of governance, where various factions compete hard for access to him, influence on him and the right to whisper in his ear.

Keeping factions at one another's throats means that they are less likely to join forces with one another, as their relationship with the principal (the president, the king, the emperor) is what defines their power, status and prestige, and all of their substantial energies will be put into sustaining and maintaining this relationship.

However, when the fighting between the factions serves to draw attention away from the character of the Secular Divinity - or, more crucially - from the adoration and attention automatically due to him (in his own mind), then, it becomes a problem.

Moreover, when the feuding factions get more attention - and crucially - when they make a mess of things (immigration, repeal of Obamacare), then, their days close to the waxy ears of Privilege & Power may well be numbered.

In this instance, and keeping true to the Third World Template of Governance of "Keep It In The Family", I would imagine that Mr Kushner is relatively secure for now.

Time could well be running out for the other three, though.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I hope it's Bannon first. He shouldn't have even been there to begin with.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It should be Kushner, but realistically he will be the last to go anywhere since Trump values loyalty and family more than competence.

5. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

It should be Prebius or Kushner. Kushner just seems unnecessary and Prebius doesn't seem to be able to hire anyone to work in the administration.

In all likelihood I think it's Bannon. He makes the most sense in terms of someone who Trump could throw under the bus when the next scandal hits.

6. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Hmm. Kushner may be the least experienced political neophyte there…. but I'd agree that keeping him might be a Nepotistic necessity. After all, I have a gut feeling that Ivanka is being groomed for a future role in American leadership: either as a future POTUS, at the very least a Senator.

In any case, she would be seen as a "successor" to her father's dynasty. Kushner is seen as her "consort", and so he has to retain some kind of role in the dynastic family.

7. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

My money is on Bannon's fugly ass being kicked to the curb next.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Bannon is going to "quit", followed by Rence Pubis being shown the door.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think she will follow the path that Clinton tried to. Serve as First Lady, then go for the Senate followed by trying for the presidency.

11. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Toyota will be.

He has not shown much value, a political only hack, urged cooperation with Ryan who failed, and some have suggested he is first to go.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ugh.....I think after the Clintons and Bushes we should just be done with political dynasties once and for all.

On topic, I think Bannon will be the first to go. He seems the odd duck in all of this. Although I am not sure what real function Preibus is serving right now. He doesn't seem to be chief of anything.

13. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Difficult to say between Priebus and Bannon. I would go for Toyota probably because he has the weakest relationship with trump out of any of them.

14. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Ok, this is something that kinda gets to me. I detest the concept of hereditary rule. The idea that you are a good leader just because you share your genes with a parent or other ancestor who was a good leader is stupid. And that has been proven out over and over and over again in history.

So yeah, I can't deal with the Bushes. Couldn't deal with the Kennedys, either.

But Hillary Clinton? She is simply married to Bill Clinton. Moreover, the two of them came together because they shared an interest in government policy. So she doesn't have a "right to rule" because of a famous ancestor, and moreover, she's spent her life in office because of her interest in and competency for the job.

So call the Clintons a political dynasty if you wish, but IMO Hillary's case is significantly different.

15. Zenithal Suspended

I read an insightful and rather disturbing comment on the Hill a while back where someone theorized Kushner is a favorite not because he's his son in law, but because Trump sees a younger him when he looks at Kushner.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

K.T. McFarland. Who guessed K.T. McFarland?

Anybody? Anybody?

--- Post Merged, Apr 9, 2017 ---
    I have a similar theory. I think trump's greatest desire is his daughter Ivanka. In order to keep her close, and to live vicariously through his relationship, trump channels that through Jared. Jared has the one thing trump wants more than anything else in the world.

17. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Toyota is currently serving as the Chief of GOP Establishmentalism. This is the very faction of the GOP that Donald promised to drain from the swamp. But it looks clear that they still have the ear of the President. Another disreputable GOP faction, the Globalist Warmongers (Senators McCain and Rubio), have also gotten the President's ear lately…. it seems they are not to be counted out yet.

18. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I was going to guess Stephen Miller.
    [​IMG]

19. Tech198 macrumors G4

Perhaps the White House will tumble down like a deck of cards

20. samcraig macrumors P6

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ewwwwwwwwwww. Creepy. (But you're probably right)

22. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I've felt the same for awhile.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Who called Spicer as the next to be thrown out? Given yesterday's press conference, I think he moved up a few spaces

24. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I think Trump is signaling that Bannon is the next to go:

In an interview with the New York Post, Trump was asked about infighting among top members of his administration in which Bannon is said to be a center figure.

Trump said, “I like Steve, but you have to remember he was not involved in my campaign until very late.”

Trump said he had already jumped major hurdles in the campaign by that time, beating “all the senators and all the governors” before he met Bannon.​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...74ccaf1d02f_story.html?utm_term=.89fc0e5549da