Who's planning on going naked with iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockyroad55, Sep 15, 2012.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

This guy right here will!

Never liked cases because it ruins the original form factor of the phone and makes things so bulky. Also, I'm not berating anyone that does especially if you work in a field like construction. For my usage, I do not like cases.

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Same as you. I need to keep the sexyness of my phone. I've had a white 4s since launch naked and its fine, no major scratches.

3. wongulous macrumors 6502a

No case, but I will get the Spigen Glast. And AppleCare+!

4. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I'm sure going naked with your iPhone will get you into trouble or jail :D
    (Sorry, was too obvious)

I will get a case to cover the beauty and not make others envy ...

5. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I was heavily considering purchasing a Louis Vuitton sleeve and it costs $270. However, I think I'm going to spend that money on AC+ instead and use the remaining $170 for adapters and SUSHI!

6. SixeL macrumors newbie

I will!

no screen protector.. no case!
    The screen will look that much brighter without a protector. That's for sure! :D

7. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

No case for me either. Will probably get a SquareTrade warranty though.

8. Qoo macrumors 6502

9. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

Truprotection HD screen protector for me...basically same the one as powersupport offered. Had it for the 4S and was blown away.

I get a scratch protector for the back of the phone as well.

NEVER understood people that buy bulky cases for such an amazing looking phone. They destroy the look immediately. Makes no sense and don't try to tell me otherwise you otterbox lovin, waterproof defender idiots.

10. Mikekan macrumors regular

Never liked cases, I ll just be careful! Cases are for people that put selofan on their remote controls and their car leather seats....hehehe....just a joke!

What's the point of a good design if you have case covering it? Everything in life is disposable anyway...

11. Baldilocks macrumors member

I never felt safe without a case since the iPhone 4. The original iPhone, the 3G and 3GS were all fine without cases.

12. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

When I get the 5 in early December I definitely will not be getting a case. Maybe a screen protector but that's it.

13. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Woohoo! No screen protector too!

I've noticed most of the glossy protectors don't have that oleophobic coating like the actual screen does. I really like wiping my phone right on my pants and it's clean again.

14. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Going with the hardwood flooring myself. I gave the bumper a try for a week or so, but other than that my 4 has been naked and is no worse for wear, and I'm not particularly gentle with my stuff either.

----------

I agree, if your going naked do it hard core.

15. Powrie macrumors 6502

They make screen protectors now that are crystal clear.

They call them HD screen protectors for the retina display.

Instead of having a plastic feel like most protectors they feel like Glass.

Its smooth and it does not have any of that orange peel like texture on the surface.

I would only purchase one of these types for my retina display.

The other ones ruin the quality.

16. mojo8472 macrumors member

I'll be going naked too, just as I did with my 3GS and 4. Never had so much on a scratch on either of them too

17. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

No, I don't plan on going out naked with my iPhone 5.

18. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Have you checked out the Tumi Sleeve? It's only $55 and I think way better than an LV. It has these two slots for i.d. and credit card and it's very well made and is even paded within. I think, the LV is just made of leather which offers no protection, but the name. They make it for the 4S, but they should have one for the 5 soon.

Link

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

always been naked here :D and i see no reason to do the same for the 5

20. shortcrust macrumors 6502

No case for me! Never understood them. It doesn't need to last forever and a scratch or two won't kill it, or me! The first bit of damage that happens to a device is gutting, then it really feels like it's mine. I can then relax and enjoy it as a device rather than treating it like a priceless fragile antique!

People bang in about resale value. I just sold my ipad 1 on ebay and included photos of the scuffs on the back (toe caught on power cable in the first week) and i think it only lost about 5% compared to perfect items.

21. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Yep, naked on the 4S (and there are ZERO marks on it) and I will be doing the same on Friday with my new purchase.

22. BlueKhufu macrumors regular

I lol'd. I have a friend (really, I do) that has spent more on cases than the phones themselves. Almost every week he has a new case and shows it off despite my repeatedly and relentlessly mocking him (did I mention he's my friend?). I've also replaced the LCD on two of his phones. I swear he thinks they're invincible because of the case and treats it as such. He always tells me I'll be sorry when I break mine (4 mostly naked years into these things without a problem)

23. Benenstein macrumors regular

Big no no for me! I've been known to accidentally drop my iPhones and have the screens break. I'm more than likely going with a Lifeprood again. If not, an HD screen protector and a nice case; I've always wanted the Harry Potter cases from Warner Brothers! Lol

24. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

I spent a period of time with my iPhone 4 completely unprotected (previously was in a Speck case). I'm not rough at all, I took pretty decent care of it. Right now it has a 99% scratch-free screen, and the back glass plate is scratched prominently in 2 places BUT this only happened on one day when I planted it on a stupid metal scrapey surface.

Now that the iPhone 5 has an aluminium back, I'll probably use it without a case completely. I may consider getting a screen protector, maybe, but otherwise I am looking forward to going naked!