Who's tried a lot of wallpapers and keeps going back to original one ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tito Georgie, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I want to know if is only me or there's others out there. I've tried a whole lot of wallpapers for my iPhone background. I've liked a couple but I always end up coming back to the original one o_O I think looks great and makes icons stand out a lot. Am I the only boring one here who likes this simple wallpaper ?

[​IMG]

2. vebs macrumors regular

I like the original raindrops, but found a similar one that's a little less bland which I prefer to use...

Attached Files:

3. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

You wallpaper fanatics crack me up. The crap you people worry about. :p

4. Pomeless macrumors regular

It is a nice wallpaper but i like to keep mine moving. Variety is the spice of life. Right? That is the great thing about these phones today. You can have it however you like. ( Mostly. )

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

6. Tito Georgie thread starter macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Trying that one out :) I like. But let's see how long it last until I go back to original one lol

7. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Well, I wouldn't say anyone's worrying about it... It's just a nice diversion.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Just a few...

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I do mix and match my wallpapers, but I do like that one a lot. I usually keep both wallpapers the same on the lock/home screen (a cleaner transition from slide to unlock - OCD, I know :p ) and it doesn't look that good on the lock screen. If it did I'd probably use it.

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Same thing happens to me. I change back to the default one after I get bored of the current one I have.

11. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I try to change them, but always go back to the stock ones that came with the phone, however I do have special ones for the Holiday's or various dates, like Halloween, Christmas, 4th of July, Easter, etc

I just like simple especially since I gave up my JB from my 3GS to iP4

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use the light grey one that looks like a rock that came with my iPhone.

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

Even though my avatar shows the default wallpaper, I never use it and only used it a couple days back in the day. I personally think it is boring especially in lockscreen mode. My iPhones or iPod touch tend to have a wallpaper of a sunset. I like the red/orange look. Once I get the wallpaper I like, I rarely ever change it. I still use the same sunset wallpaper from last June. Since I have the "warmer" (yellowish) screen, it actually compliments my wallpaper and looks better when it slightly dims.

Maybe for my next phone with a different OS, I will go with a different color scheme. I associate my iOS devices with red because it is my fav color next to black and apples are usually red when I eat them. Passion and desire. If I go Android, I like the Honeycomb color scheme. Just depends on my mood and what I think looks best with the phone. I had a silver/platinum phone prior to iPhone, and didn't always go with the sunset. Sometimes I put my current GF or some hot celebrity chick on there.

14. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

I went back to it for a few days, but I finally found something I have been able to stand for the past month.

15. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Nice to know I am not alone. :)

Don't know what it is about those water droplets but I keep going back to them.

I do have my lock screen different though.

16. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

That ugly thing was the first to go when I got my new phone. Mine is a very simple background. Purple fading to black. No clutter at all. Just nice, simple and classy looking.

17. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Guilty as charged. I'm not sure why, but I always go back to the default wallpaper.

Attached Files:

18. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I never find myself going back to the original wallpaper but I do find myself changing my wallpaper every few days. (Or hours for that matter) I can't seem to find one I really like. I actually found a new one yesterday that I actually really enjoy. I'll probably leave this one on for a few weeks.

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

Same here. Simple and classy.

My current wallpaper is the first picture I ever saved on my phone. I find the default one very boring. It looked decent that first week but found my current to look more appealing. I even tried going back to the default a few days ago and couldn't anymore.

I have the iWallpaper app and rarely use it. If I do find something I like, I just save it onto my camera roll because I like the pic but still won't use it as a wallpaper.

Most of my wallpapers are landscape shots. Maybe abstract if I find it really attractive. But a picture of a sunset is so calming for me. Probably from those times when I would watch the sun go down in Venice and Santa Monica Beach. I rarely put wallpapers of people since the icons obscures their faces, but do save them if I find the girl attractive. Mine is vanilla form, so nomore JB blank icons and Poof! to hide icons and put most on that 2nd page.

20. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

For months I had the default rainbow colored wallpaper that comes with the Evo as my wallpaper. I loved the way the colors just made the icons pop on the screen. But a couple of days ago I decided to use the original wallpaper again, and I think I'll be keeping it for a while. I've set a few other wallpapers, but within a few minutes I just go back.

21. Tito Georgie thread starter macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Good to know I'm not the only one. But like someone said up there, I also keep a different one for my lockscreen. I usually like dark ones because with auto brightness on the lockscreen is always pretty bright. This is my current one.

[​IMG]

22. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

My home screen stays... my lock screen is what changes.

Can you post a Retina-quality of your lock screen?

23. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

I thought I was the only one. I'm constantly on the search for a wallpaper thats pleasing to my eye but somehow I keep coming back to the default.

24. Tito Georgie thread starter macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Here you go

[​IMG]