Who's waiting for the next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -LikesMac-, Apr 15, 2012.

1. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

Anyone waiting for the next iPhone?
    (Man, I wish iPhone launches were still in June, not September.)

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I currently own an iPhone 4 (I have owned a 4S for a short while, but it wasn't worth it) and am definitely curious to what Apple has in store, but I'm not specifically waiting for it.

My contract ends in June so that's when I'll start looking for a new device. I'll go with whatever is the best thing available at that moment.

And yeah, I also really wanted Apple to introduce a new iPhone in June. I really liked the June cycle. In October the year is almost over and than there are so many holidays: I felt June/July was always the perfect launch month.

Another thing: they always announced a new iPhone at the WWDC and I always found it amazing to follow it (through live blogs) and afterwards watch the keynote back. I mean, it is amazing: there's a huge audience who goes crazy about a new product and there's this great mood and atmosphere. The October keynote last year was boring as hell.

3. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I was planning to wait for the next iPhone but I just wasn't happy with the performance of IOS 5 on my 3GS--so I decided not to wait--so I guess it will be another couple upgrades before I see another new iPhone in my pocket. :)

4. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Apple just sent me a prototype I just hope I don't go to the bar and celebrate and forget to take it with me. :eek: oh btw Siri 2.0 rocks she has a much sexier voice.

6. -LikesMac- thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice joke :p

----------

To be honest, this is going to be my first iPhone (yay? :p). Though what you said is necessarily true, I want to wait because the next iPhone is probably going to be a big change, being a "tock" in the tick-tock line of technological succession instead of the "tick" that the iPhone 4S is.

7. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I'm waiting for the next release. Why ? Because I can, and the wait is not that long. I have patience, and want the next best iPhone. ;)

8. aneftp macrumors 601

I believe from now on apple is trying to announce new iPhones for Septmber releases.

Why? Because iPods(which used to be apple's cash cow)always were announced in the early Fall. Now iPods make up less than 10% of apples profits they have been put on the back burner.

Plus the iPhone 4S was ready by Septmber last year but was delayed a month mainly because of software/Siri issues.

So it's looking like a new traditional September release schedule. Plus remember apple usually tests new iOS software for at least 3 months prior to new hardware release (iOS 4 beta April 2010 announced, iPhone 4 announced June 2010 and iOS 5 beta announced June 2011, iPhone 4 s released October 2011).

Now word of ios 6 software beta yet. Once it's announced it may take 3 months for new hardware. I have a feeling June conference will just be new iOS announcement along with non iPhone hardware (new Mac? ).

So u may be looking at at least a 4-5 month wait for new iPhone from today's date.

Samsung is in no hurry either. The S2 has been out for over 13 months and no word of S3 yet...maybe May 2012 announcent now the with a June 2012 release. That's like 14-15 months for Samsung in between major releases.

I don't consider the S2 Galaxy Skyrocket, the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note "major releases) because they were all varying cousins/devices of the same underlying S2. Every one is waiting on what the S3 holds. I am also waiting to see what the S3 has to offer.

Than we got windows 8 Apollo coming in late fall along with new android jellybean. It will be a fun time for cell phone addicts soon.