Who's waiting in line in VANCOUVER??

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ubc, Sep 20, 2012.

1. ubc macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'll be waiting in line tomorrow night at either Richmond Centre or Oakridge. Who else is gonna be there? and what time are you going?

Lets keep this post going with updates throughout tomorrow night!!

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

I might pop by Oakridge to pick up a nanosim on Friday, was told by the Rogers there that they'd have them in then.

3. dkraneveldt macrumors newbie

I live on Vancouver Island, but following the pre-order kerfuffle last week I'll be jumping on the ferry immediately following work tomorrow.

I don't know Vancouver very well, so I'm just going to bus down to the Pacific Centre to line up. I sure hope the line doesn't get toolong before then.

What model are you all going for? I'm shooting for the 16gb 6 Plus, preferably Gold, but I'll take what I can get!

4. rkoshack macrumors member

Already people lined up at pacific centre and Richmond centre

5. iKrl macrumors regular

I think Pacific Center will have the most people, probably best to go to Oakridge

6. dkraneveldt macrumors newbie

You think? I don't know my way around overly well. What do you think is the best way to get to Oakridge from the Horseshoe Bay Ferry terminal?

7. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

What time? And by car or transit? Transit will be an issue if you're planning to go early morning.

Pac Center and Metro usually have the most people lined up in the morning. Usually Pac cen has a line stretching down Granville Street all the way past H&M and around the corner. Metro is a gongshow too.

8. dkraneveldt macrumors newbie

I get off work early this evening. Planning on taking the 5:20 ferry, putting my on the mainland at about 7PM.

Thanks for the help by the way!

9. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

That's great timing as rush hour across the Lions gate Bridge from the north shore to downtown is crazy busy. But by 7 it should be gone.

By car, head south on Highway 99 towards downtown Vancouver. Exit 13 to Taylor Way South and follow signs for Downtown. Through downtown head east on Georgia St to Howe. Follow Howe south and head over the Granville Street bridge. Follow Granville street southbound until 41st Avenue and then turn left (Eastbound) on 41st. Oakridge is located on Cambie and 41st Avenue.

By Transit, take the Vancouver express bus #257 from the ferry terminal. It'll drop you off at Granville and Georgia Street in downtown. At that stop, walk down to the Vancouver City Center Canada Line Station. Take it south bound until 41/Oakridge Station.

PS. I work downtown; there is already a line for the Pacific Center apple store as of 2pm pacific ;)

10. dkraneveldt macrumors newbie

THANK YOU!

I don't get over to the mainland very often, and that makes things much easier.

I sure hope it's not for nothing!