Who's waiting to order a iphone 5 due to all complaints?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maximumsportz, Sep 26, 2012.

1. maximumsportz macrumors regular

I'm ready to order my iphone 5 however after hearing about all these issues I may hold off for a month or so. Wifi and out of the box damages have me worried.

Think these issues will be fixed in the coming months??

2. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

You'd be waiting for just about a month regardless, their sold out.

3. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah exactly, I've been trying the reservation method with no go. So might as well just wait it out.

4. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I NEED a new phone so I ordered a 64gb IP5 on Monday..

I was reading the complaints but there is nothing that really outweighs all the positives. This is my first iphone and could care less about a few scuffs.. I've never had wifi on a phone, so having it at all is a major plus for me.

The 5, seems to be the most well engineered device to date.. you may never have any of the problems you're describing. If you need a new phone like me, order it now. If you don't need it, then wait to see how it plays out.

5. apierrec macrumors 6502

The wait is killing me, there's nothing that can stop me getting iP5 (hopefully tomorrow or Friday). No deal breakers, in fact, am will be doing lot of switching and testing, it will be fun experience & worth all the hassles.

6. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Only complaint I have is the battery.
    But I surf a lot so that kills it.
    The speed is crazy fast.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

my want is the iphone 5 16gb Black/Slate Model.

The "scuffgate" issue and out of box dings did sway me at first which i've spoken about in previous posts, about backing out of purchasing one.

But if you read more threads other buyers have had very little or no issues which brings balance to it all.

Some say its not much of an improvement for owners already using the 4s.
    I disagree. Its much faster than my 4s, sleeker and lighter to name a few improvements.

In the Uk the Network retail shops i use {02} have sold out on pay as you go units for now.

Another high street retailer called Carphone Warehouse have removed the 16gb Black version from their online listing on sim free for a while.

Their is a high street shop thats deals in traded in mobile phones and have this model in, but they have priced it up at over £630 which is over £100.00 GBP more than it costs for a brand new one £529.00 from Apple, and £550 from 02 :(

I dont want to order one from Apple Uk online because I don't want to pre order, wait for delivery, and then open the box to find any issues, and then have to go through the process of running around swapping it, which is the worst case scenario I know.

Im trying to reserve one for collection at my most local Apple Store instead.

I have a nano sim and bumper en route to my address so I will be ready for when i have managed to get my hands on one !

Happy Days.

8. matttye macrumors 601

I've learnt over the years that a lot of people online are obsessive and complain about nothing. Can't see any problems with my iPhone.

9. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

Gotta wait for the next bath to hit the US 3-4 weeks and see how people report back.