General Who's willing to give up their iOS 7 jailbreak for iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by theapplefanboyj, Jul 14, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Title says it all. In my opinion, I might as well because I could finally have a use for my iPod Touch (handoff and continuity)

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Nope, iOS is just not there yet, there are still a lot of benefits to jailbreaking in my opinion. I mean I will have to give it up eventually because I plan on buying the iPhone 6, but I would never give it up willingly.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I did for iOS 6 -> iOS 7, but iOS 8, while great, isn't as much of a leap as the prior update was.

7.1.2 jailbroken is silky smooth and I love it. Plus, most of iOS 8 features are still being finalized (handoff) or really need the iWatch to be a showstopper (Healthbook).

4. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I'm going to give up the JB on my iPhone for iOS 8, but I'm leaving my iPad on iOS 7.1.1 JB so that I can keep moviebox. I think iOS 8 will be pretty cool. I semi-enjoyed beta 1and2 so I will probably enjoy the final release

5. murgo macrumors member

Since I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 6 I won't have a choice :(

6. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

I have given up iOS 7 and Mavericks on my Mac to experience Continuity, Handoff, AirDrop and Instant Hotspot.

Apple has offered amazing features to let iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite work together better than ever before.

7. Armen, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Jailbreaking back in the day (iOS 3.x) was a necessity more than anything else because it brought fundamental features that the iPhone was missing.

With every new version of iOS jailbreaking is becoming more and more irrelevant.

The Jailbreak community went from this underground Robin Hood culture where developers gave us free tweaks/apps because of the love of what they do to this 2nd rate Appstore in which there is no guarantee that the developer will maintain their tweaks/apps after they have been paid.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for developers getting paid for what they do but not through this gray market that may vanish tomorrow. These days all I see on Cydia are tweaks/apps I can live without. I'd rather have a stable iOS over being able to activate Siri with my voice from across the room.

Even Jay Freeman (Saurik) is talking about ending Cydia.

If Apple's goal was to destroy the Jailbreak community they are drawing closer and closer.

8. Antgb84 macrumors 6502

Not really worth it here for now although the predictive typing in iOS 8 worked brilliantly it's the only thing I can do without for now plus stability of iOS 7 and many apps running smoothly on it makes me wanna stay jbroken over iOS 8 for now.

9. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

You really won't see the full capabilities of iOS 8 until apps update for it.

10. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

me! with the final version that is... the betas blow you can't take advantage of it all, your reception sucks, your battery is getting murdered, the apps are beyond unusable and the new features for the apps like widgets are absent

11. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Negatory, putting my cydia to good use right now.

12. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

The ability install third party keyboards like swiftkey is enough of a reason to forgo a jailbreak. Iswipe is nowhere near where swiftkey is.