Whose Avatar do you stop for?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Original poster
OK, is there anyone else who stops halfway through a thread just to wait for Raven VII's avatar to do its thing, then laugh and carry on?

First time I saw it, I thought, "now there's a naff looking 'tar", then, after looking shifty for a moment it .. (I'll leave this out so newbies can experience for themselves)... and I fell over laughing.

So - who elses Avatar do you stop for.

edesignuk's ever changing, ever the same fixation?

Who else?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, much the same here. I love edesign's, Raven VII's and Mr Andersons'. But where's yours CanadaRAM? ;) How about a maple leaf made out of memory chips?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Original poster
mad jew said:
Yeah, much the same here. I love edesign's, Raven VII's and Mr Andersons'. But where's yours CanadaRAM? ;) How about a maple leaf made out of memory chips?
Heh, working on it. But I just got home after working since 8AM and it's just gone midnight... soon, real soon.
Problem is, the bar is set so high already...

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Well as most people probably do, I usually check edesignuk's avatar for the weekly photo of Keira, that and wdlove's animated finder icon with OS X genie effect.

I remember a lot of people's avatars, but those are the one's I like to watch :D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Abstract said:
I've just been asked for mine today, and its not the first time. :cool:
Yeah, I'm quite a fan of yours. It's from Shrek II, right? I'm always interested in what makes someone decide what their 'tar is, because it's kind of like their self-assigned face for MacRumors. So is there any reason for Puss-in-boots, just out of interest?

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i love avatars. i stop for mr anderson's, nermal's, i used to get confused by wdlove's when it would be at the bottom of the page near my dock but now that my dock is tiny that doesn't happen anymore :p i also used to love stoid's back when it was tony the tiger and errm....who used to have the avatar with the storm trooper dancing in a parking lot? loved that one. i must admit i really like my own :eek: but my favorite is prolly iGary's ever-changing Jobs avatar. :D

edit: w00t! 1000 posts! *parties*
double edit: actually it's 1004 but i just now noticed im a 65816
edit x3: my 'tar lost some awesomeness for the 65816 edition but that's ok

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Original poster
mad jew said:
OK, I've got a temporary one up.

Actually, a mountain goat is pretty accurate: dumb as a sack of hammers but willing to butt heads with anyone, anytime.

Yup, that's me. :p

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Some very nice 'tars on macrumors. Here are a few people that are in my very top list of avatar-:cool:.

(in no particular order)
medea - he won the 2004 'tar contest, instant :cool:
howard - sometimes i try to think of what is going on there
munkle - look-in-to-my-eyes-:cool:
maya - that's just really a very nice picture
LimeiBook86 - puts a smile on my face, every time :)
SilentPanda - his new panda really is :cool:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
mad jew said:
Yeah, I'm quite a fan of yours. It's from Shrek II, right? I'm always interested in what makes someone decide what their 'tar is, because it's kind of like their self-assigned face for MacRumors. So is there any reason for Puss-in-boots, just out of interest?
Because he's cute, and that was the cutest look of the movie.

And there are several that I like, but I can't remember whom they belong to.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I always look at edesign's to see which Keira is up, I spent months trying to figure out who the guy was in Homer's, I LOVE Raven's.... :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
mad jew said:
I'm always interested in what makes someone decide what their 'tar is, because it's kind of like their self-assigned face for MacRumors.
Now that is the really interesting question... some just look nice, but others tell a little story.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
mine is the Camino icon just because its my browser of choice, i should change it up sometime though when i find a decent animated one

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
iGary said:
Damn, I always thought it was some red-head guy with cute eyes.

Maybe I'm not really a queer bent fool after all. :p
Isabella definitely looks a little androgynous in that shot. But she proved beyond any doubt that she's a woman in that movie...

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I don't really "stop" for anyone's 'tar. I just use them to quickly identify people. I've found that if you get used to a person with a certain 'tar, when they change it, their posts just don't seem the same. Ya, I'm weird like that...

But on another note... I chose my avatar because, well, it's CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS!!!!

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
mad jew said:
... I'm always interested in what makes someone decide what their 'tar is, because it's kind of like their self-assigned face for MacRumors.
I hope that's not the case, otherwise I may need to re-think mine. :p :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Capt Underpants said:
I've found that if you get used to a person with a certain 'tar, when they change it, their posts just don't seem the same...
They're like mini-brands. You mess them with at your peril... :eek: :D