Whose election coverage are you watching?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iMacZealot, Nov 2, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm still not sure yet...I am predisposed to watching CNN, as they are the least biased and most watchable of the big three cable news channels, but I wonder if PBS, CSPAN, BBC or even Al Jazeera would have better coverage.

Who are you watching on Tuesday?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

NBC - they provide the best coverage for my area.

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Don't have a TV. I'll be surfing the web 24/7 and failing whatever I have the following in school day due to excessive time spent.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I'll be working all day (I run my local precinct), but while I'm in the car waiting to drop off the ballots I'll be listening to NPR, and when I finally get home, I'll be switching between CNN and MSNBC and ABC. :)

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I'll switch between CNN,MSNBC,CBS and ABC.

Faux news is not allowed in my house.

6. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

7. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Aparently Mike Gravel is doing Al-Jazeera. That might be worth a watch. I'm tempted by CNN, or even (dare I say it!) Sky news who, to their immense credit, have been fairly neutral on this election so far and will have some fancy coverage.

However, I'll probably just flick through with CNN being my base.

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It'll be funny. Seeing Bill hit the whiskey at 5pm is going to be a laugh.

9. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I really like the international news channels, and I've been watching them a lot in recent years. CNN International is much better than CNN USA, but CNNI will probably simulcast CNN USA on Tuesday. Al Jazeera and BBC may be interesting. I haven't really watched Sky News that much, but wouldn't they draw a lot of content from sister NewsCorp entity Fox News Channel for US election coverage?

I found this cool app called Livestation, which has pretty much every newschannel in the world (except CNNI.)

10. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I've only ever watched CNN international, which is what I get through my digital tv package. I like it, it's not sickly in it's support for one side or the other, but it seems to air on the side of good morals and truth.

They have in the past. They've been terrible at times, especially over Israel/Palastine. Check This out.

However, I've not found them too bad on the US elections, especially considering that they are part of the seedy Murdoch empire. However, that might change on election night.

Cheers for that.

11. Motley macrumors 6502

At least it will be entertaining and not the same old boring crap where they guestimate and talk about the same things over and over for 4+ hours straight.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll do what I do whenever a big, breaking story is developing. I'll switch between ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX and MSNBC.

13. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I'll be watching Fox News Channel. It will be nice to escape the British media's bias towards Obama.

14. JBazz macrumors 6502

I am not watching at all. Will read about it in the morning paper over coffee.

15. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I took the day (and night) off work, and am going to a local bar to watch the returns.

I went there in 2004, and despite the outcome it was quite a memorable and enjoyable night.

Oh, it's also sponsored by Dewars - so win or lose, I'm covered.

(Prof. - you live in my neighborhood, whatcha you up to?)

16. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Probably listening to NPR. If I get tired of listening, I'll head up to my roommate's room and watch which ever channel he's watching.

17. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I am just going to with none. I will read about it in the morning that or I could just come here and see all the complaining/cheering on who ever won.

It taking away my TV shows with over hype coverage trying to make a story where there is not one.

Just report the fact and do not try to twist them into something they are not. Is that to much to ask.

Reason why I refuse to watch the TV news cast tomorrow. To avoid dealing with BS stories.

18. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I have at my disposal CNN International, Sky News, BBC, Al Jazeera and a million french stations...I'll probably check them all out but I like the feeling of home I get watching CNN when they have the American feed on. Were I back in the states I'd be watching MSNBC and CNN for the most part, with occasional switches to Fox News for a little bit of disgusting bias. :p

19. Roderick Usher macrumors regular

MSNBC. I want to watch Chris Matthews go slowly insane.

20. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I'll most likely be watching BBC one all night, since i only have freeview. Aside from that i'll be going on various sites, CNN, BBC and various' newspapers websites. Not really sure what time the results will come in so its really late i'll probably just read the news in the morning.

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Probably MSNBC. Might tune in to ABC and CBS during the commercials, and possibly Fox for the science fiction angle.

22. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yeah, nor me - anyone got a heads up on that? What time (and times zone, as long as you tell me) will stuff start flooding in/

23. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Plan on staying up till 3AM at the very least.;)

24. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

25. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yeah, but what time zone :D

I'm in the UK, so it might be sort of 4am before they even start to come in? I don't know.

I guess some states have an idea, then a few more and then a few more... I'm looking for the time that they normally start to come in - and a time zone (so that I can then work out what time it will be here)