Why am I allowed to watch a full 3 hour game with MLB, but not on slingbox?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christall109, Aug 12, 2009.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

Can someone please take the time to explain why I can watch full baseball games using MLB At Bat over AT&Ts 3G network, but not watch the same game using SlingBox because it "uses too much bandwidth".

Too be honest, I don't think I could stare at my iPhone for more than 2 hours at a time. Even then I don't do that all too often. If I did have Sling over 3G, I would more than likely use it to check in on a game, watch a 30 min or hour show at a time if I could. But then I would also most likely be connected via Wifi if I'm watching something for a long duration.

MLB At Bat uses the new Video Streaming SDK so why can't Sling do the same?

I'm really confused by all this mess. First AT&T changes their Terms of Service to ban SlingBox apps, but then they remove the language a few days later.

And then when SlingBox hit, the reason was "too much bandwdith" and it violated their ToS again?

These facts don't add up at all to me. One conflicts the other. Is anyone else as confused as I am?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Same reason I can't stream netflix but yet I can watch the Cubbies get their asses handed to them nightly. ;)

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Life sucks. Jaibreak and install 3G unrestrictor.