Why am I getting a Tethered JB instead of a Untethered? CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PhazeII, Mar 14, 2012.

1. PhazeII macrumors member

I'm getting a little frustrated and somewhat confused.

Iphone 4
    BB 3.10.01

I been wanting to restore my iphone because i been having some issues with it. I was able to restore with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 but when i restore I get a Semi-tethered JB? Cydia won't open and if I try to reboot the phone again sometimes i'll be missing most of my apps like mail, setting, safari... ect ect.

I have my SHSH blobs saved with Ifaith 1.4.1 . With those blobs i created the a custom **Signed** IPSW but that is the one im having issues with (Semi tethered).

What am i doing wrong?

2. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

3. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

Ok I can do that, but isn't that what Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 does for you too?

Ok nevermind, Sn0wbreeze is a tethered JB.

Can I just run RedSnowover it and have no comparability issues since i did my custom IPWS with Snowbreeze?

4. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

Ok so i installed Corona and no luck. Im still Semi- tethered!!

after seeing that is not working I ran Redsn0w Untethered JB but no luck either. Still on Semi-tethered JB.

I been doing a restore with Sn0wbreeze then trying again installing corona but same issue.

I only have my APticket and blobs saved on ifaith. When creating a SIGNED IPSW with Ifaith the phone gets stuck on "preparing for restore". If I create a SIGNED IPSW with Sn0wbreeze I am able to restore to 5.0.1 but only on a Semi-tethered JB.