Why am I more inclined to buy an iPhone 5 than an iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Jan 11, 2015.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

Titled says it all. Why am I more inclined to buy an iPhone 5 than 6? I feel the iphone 5 was Apple's last decent device. It seems like it peaked here. Then it went down hill, both with design and OS. Anybody else inclined to choose the iPhone 5 over the 6/6+?

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I have a 5S and I love the build quality of it. Been debating back and forth between wanting to get the 6 or keep the 5S, but the 5S will stay for now until the next model comes out.

3. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

4. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

The OP is asking for other people's opinion. That is not something he can answer.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, not me.
    I like and enjoy the 6 plus better than my old i5.
    But if you like the old version better then get whatever makes you happy.

6. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

I am leaning towards the 5, but I don't see an option for it on Apple's website. I am not talking about the 5c, I am talking about the original 2012 iPhone 5 in black slate.

I would just love to ask Apple why a customer is leaning towards an older iphone. Why have they changed that much?

7. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

There are some people who like older, slower technology. Some people like older, slower cars. They don't get enjoyment from something new and powerful. Perhaps you are one of those people? Nothing wrong with that.

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Nope. I'd choose the 6+ over the 5/5s any day. There is no way I'd tolerate that tiny screen and ugly version of iOS anymore.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Uhm…well. I'm inclined to STAY with my iPhone 5. I've had it since launch day 2012 and I much prefer Black/Slate over Space Gray.

The only thing I don't like is that I had to get it replaced under warranty last year and it came with iOS 7.1.2. I'd much rather have stayed with my jailbroken version of iOS 6.1. I had customized it exactly how I wanted it.

We'll be going to T-Mobile soon. Hopefully I can find a T-Mobile iPhone 5 on eBay (Black/Slate) running iOS 6.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I just now completed a "reset all contents and settings" on both my 4S and 5S. Off they go to new owners. I do like the design of the 4S and 5S over my 6+, but to move forward with technology, I'm inclined to have to accept what Apple has offered. If you can't beat them, join them.

The 6 and 6+ aren't that bad. I'm use to mine and I'm sure with a little time, you will enjoy to accept it too.

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Again, the customer has to be the one to answer that. Nothing out there has universal appeal so there will always be those that prefer A and those that do not. Why do you think the current iPhone model should always specifically appeal to you?

I don't prefer any of the older models but YMMV. Use what works for you instead of agonizing over what doesn't work for you.

12. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

umm, can't compare cars to phone cause a car ain't cost you just 700 USD. People stuck with old car because its still usable and they just drove them to work and home.

As for the op, i wouldn't say a 5 or 5s has better built quality. Many experiences the front glass corners able to push down because it wasn't glued tight enough. I can say the design of 5s if much better than 6. My 6 was a little too thin and seem fragile on the side because of curve glass. I like the battery though, get me through a day without charge.

13. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Having choices is great. One simply needs to decide what your priorities and workflows are. Then choosing becomes easy.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you want Apple to answer you why you personally are leaning towards an older iPhone?
    And why over 90 million others leaned towards the new devices?
    Did Apple became a psychoanalyst now?

15. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I just bought a $549 iPhone 5s today it is a upgrade from a 4s. I had the money for a 6 but the 5s just feels so right in the hand, no regrets!

16. cababah macrumors 68000

Nothing wrong with the iPhone 5. It's still a very capable phone and the most RAM-efficient iPhone currently sold (1GB + 32-bit OS).

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So we're suposed to say why the OP thinks the 5 is Apple's last decent device at its peak?

----------

It's no longer sold, unless you mean the 5s.

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'll say it!!! :D

Because it is. That's why! :D

19. cababah macrumors 68000

No longer sold "new." The 5S is still a wonderful phone and very well future-proofed.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Why was I inclined to eat swordfish for dinner tonight? I could have picked steak and scallops, which I love, but I picked the swordfish.

Please, someone, anyone, help explain why!

21. cababah macrumors 68000

Because you have a Mercury deficiency?

22. Cheplampardfan macrumors member

My iPhone 5 works great still for me and it's 2+ years old still. I will have to wait u till the 6s or 7, because runs everything so smoothly still. And I love the size and pocketabity of it. A 4inch 6s would be amazing for many who enjoy the size of the iPhone 4/4s and 5/5s

23. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I like my 5. I really wish Apple had kept a 4" size around for the 6. If they had I wouldn't have to question what to do with my upcoming upgrade.

24. jm5309, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015

jm5309 macrumors regular

If that's your preference, that's totally ok. I thought the 5 was fantastic, but my town recently got a big stock of 6 and 6 plus. We upgraded, and I am loving the iPhone 6. I was unsure of how much I would like it, but my 5 had been having a few minor issues and I felt the upgrade was worth the risk. I'm so glad I did. The 6 is another fantastic device. The screen is just the right amount larger, everything runs so smoothly, I finally have more storage space (128GB), and I'm just loving it. I hope you are as happy with whatever you decide.

25. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Design wise the 5 was my least favourite iphone. Those horrible edges that damaged way too easily. The glass sections on the metal back were hideous.

The 6 is on par with the 4 in top spot.