Why Apple NEVER made DVI to HDMI adapter ?

EthosX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Why apple never made nice design and quality convertning adapter DVI to HDMI ?

Last edited:

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Because none of Apple computers have a DVI port.
They did. Both my 2006 17" C2D and the PowerMac Book 17" (one before last model) did. AFAIK, I ran a DVI-HDMI cable directly from the 2006 to my 50" plasma. Still using same cable with my Early 2009 17" MBP, though through a DVI <> mini-display port (Apple).

EthosX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Because none of Apple computers have a DVI port.
what? what a ******** u unknowledged person are? ar u been blind or what?
or do u know what macbook pro is? no you dont !
u defo some 13 year old what your parents purchased an apple laptop and you dont care about anything .. that people used AND STILL USING older mcbpros

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Because DVI-HDMI adapters are trivial, cheap, and plentiful. No need for Apple to make one.

Actually, using an adapter is ugly, when you can just buy a DVI-HDMI cable.

EthosX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
They did. Both my 2006 17" C2D and the PowerMac Book 17" (one before last model) did. AFAIK, I ran a DVI-HDMI cable directly from the 2006 to my 50" plasma. Still using same cable with my Early 2009 17" MBP, though through a DVI <> mini-display port (Apple).
am toggling btw macBpro and acer

Tea-Aholic

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Oh wow. Sorry if I offended people, but when I said that 'Apple doesn't make computers with a DVI port" I was talking about right now. I know it sounds like I was talking about their very old pre-2007 models. Apple hasn't had DVI in their notebook lineup in a long time.

what? what a ******** u unknowledged person are? ar u been blind or what?
No need to be to that aggressive.

or do u know what macbook pro is? no you dont !
Yes I do know. I own one.

u defo some 13 year old what your parents purchased an apple laptop and you dont care about anything .. that people used AND STILL USING older mcbpros
And I am definitely not some "13 year old kid". Not sure even why that matters or why you seem to so angry.

Mikhailov

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I just worked on a 2006 pro that had a DVI port. Aside from the old track pad and slow speed, the design was damn awesome, and the computer still worked like a dream. I was a little jealous of the owner at the time.