WHY APPLE only confirms that iphone 1GEN can't MMS after 2 years?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Masquerade, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

i was wondering. how many people have clicked that submit button on iphone page asking for mms or stereo bluetooth. then the another ones that flooded apple discussions, blogosphere, tech reviews etc bitching about that.

shouldn't Apple informed the community that the device wouldn't get those features?

2. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There is a thread already about this. Conclusion got to 1st Gen is capable of MMS (not sure about Bluetooth), its just Apple doesn't want to update it.

Plenty of phones do MMS on EDGE or GPRS, so no excuse there Apple.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Because the 3.0 software will arrive just after the 2 year anniversary of the iPhone and everyone who got one out of the gate will be up for a new phone.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Doesn't make much sense given 1st gen iPhone owners have always been able to upgrade to subsidized iPhone 3G since its release.

6. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

i guess this is the new complaint that we will here every other day now.

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Duplicate thread lock please.
    I think they meant to say you can't send your location over MMS but MMS would still be available. I guess we will wait and see.

8. Justibackwardsn macrumors member

Apparently there is a difference in the hardware between the two. At least, thats their excuse.

I'm sure the same thing will happen to the 3G phones when they release the next gen of iPhones. Video capture doesn't work on either phone (it messes up some how), so I'm assuming that the next one will fix that.

Also, we are lucky to have such phones that CAN be updated. Any other phone doesn't give the company the option to update with new features.

9. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

And deservedly so, if Apple is pulling people's legs on this, as much as they're doing with the background app battery excuse.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It does make sense. For the people that didn't upgrade, there's now another reason to do so.

12. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Becuz tey wnats u blang!!!

Attached Files:

13. army91c macrumors 6502a

Funny how people are crying about how many post are up about this problem.... Yet they posted here to complain about it. FFS just don't read it if you don't like it.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Trust me, MMS is not reason enough for us to upgrade from our 1st gen. Almost everyone my wife and I associate with has the iPhone and we have this invention called email. We have only two relatives who regularly send MMS.

We already have GPS in the car and don't care for 3G speed nor bad battery life. The only reason we'd possibly upgrade is if they come out with a new iPhone in the summer (depending on what new features it'd have).