Why apps require login to Facebook, mail account or sign up for new account

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by hajime, Jan 17, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I noticed that many apps require the user to login via Facebook, email account or sign up for a new account. What is the reason for doing this?

For example, I installed an app called Fyuse. When I launched it, it asked for login to Facebook, Twitter or sign up for mail address, creation of account. I recall that when I launched Instagram, it asked me to connect to connect it to Facebook, or create a new account. After installing pocket, it asked me to register via google or email address.

It seems that Facebook is some kind of big brother. If whenever an app asks me to connect to FB, I give FB access to too many information.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

If an app prompts for a Facebook login it means that the developer has enabled Facebook authentication for their application. I share your opinion that Facebook gets too much information this way so I always make a separate account for apps rather than use the Facebook login. Other people may prefer the convenience of using one single login for as many things as possible so for them the Facebook login is the right choice.

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Even without the Facebook and I agree and don't log into anything with Facebook - vendors want information about you to use or sell

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Facebook seems to be a tool for vendors to get personal information...

After I installed Instagram and connected it via Facebook, some Facebook friends followed my Instagram. Supposing that I have Friend A which I follow in Instagram, do those Facebook friends get to see the photos of Friend A?