Why are Americans so upset about Wikileaks?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AnimaLeo, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimaLeo macrumors 6502

ok, so some background info: I'm from the UK and I'm 18 so I don't know that much about politics. But I was watching the news today and I saw a couple of clips of a few different Americans saying that Julian Assange is a terrorist and he should be put in prison and one guy even suggested that Obama should have him assassinated. Do most American's feel this way or are these just some extreme guys?

And to those of you that do think wikileaks is a bad thing, why? Isn't it good to know everything you can about what governments etc are up to. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything here, just trying to get some perspective on something I don't know too much about.

2. 184550 Guest

If you're looking for background information on the general feeling on this issue in PRSI, then start with the links below and then see if you have questions.

One. Two. Three.

3. AnimaLeo thread starter macrumors 6502

4. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Three current threads on the subject are probably sufficient to answer the question or to join in the discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.