Why are apple not addressing this??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by salacious, Dec 20, 2011.

?

does your flash washout your picture?

1. yes

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. no

27 vote(s)
    58.7%
  1. salacious macrumors 6502a

The flash on the iphone 4s (possibly 4 aswell) is useless, it washes out pictures and pisses me off, when on ios 5 it was fine then when the update for 5.01 came it completely is out of sync, the timing in which the flash and the shutter compete is crap! there is no software issue reported of this and i know of hundreds of people at my company with iphone 4s's and they all say the same thing although some dont experience this...

so does your flash washout your beloved photo?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Perfectly fine on my White iPhone 4. If you have this problem, contact Apple Customer Service or schedule a Genius appointment at your nearest Apple Retail Store.

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

With a case or without a case?

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Can you post what some random washed out photo looks like, so that I can see if my 4S does the same. I'm new to the 4S so I'm not sure if I consider the few photos I've taken washed out. They seem ok. Thanks.

5. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

I noticed that too that when I take a picture now with the flash on it washes it out substantially. I thought it was just a severe smudge on my lens but that was not it at all. Oh and I am using an iphone 4.

6. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok first off i should have explained my issue more properly i have researched and researched, number 1 regardless when my iphone 4s is completely naked (no protecter, no case NADA!) it still washes out, on ios 5.0 it was fine i could flash all day long, 5.01 comes and i get the washout, what iv noticed is that when taking a picture the flash lingers longer than it should or it flashes at the wrong time.

and a washed out picture is basically a white mist on your screen rendering your picture complete crap!!

so please no more questions if i had case on or not, iv already stated that i know of other people who do not have this issue, however i consider this a major issue as i know far more people who do have this problem!!

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

mine does this two, one minute it will take an amazing picture the next day in a different room/different lighting it will take a horrible pic.

it all depends on the lighting, this camera will never be as good as a stand alone digital camara.

8. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

black iPhone 4s running 5.0.1 with a case on it.

Haven't had a single issue with it

9. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

I have no issues with my 4S, all the pictures come out nice and crisp looking (Considering it's a camera on a phone of course, I wasn't expecting DSLR quality)

10. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

those that have no issues please could you state if you have taken a pic in a dark hallway or something with the flash on and if its still clear, as this usually proves the case..

11. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Where are the examples of your washed out pictures?

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If your finger is near the flash, then it can wash out (other cameras would too).

13. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

never tried that before, but 100% accurate. Just took 2 pictures. With my finger by the flash, terrible, fuzzy, washed out. With my finger away from it, crystal clear.

would definitely think about this OP on how your hand is when taking a picture.

14. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

i already knew about this, this happend when on ios 5, i noticed my finger caused the wash out, il take one pic now and upload for everyone to see, il do it in my hallway as its dark... with no case no protector, and no finger frollicking :)

update soon

15. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

When a problem with an Apple product hits the blogosphere (and I don't mean just one or two blogs) and/or the national news, then and only then, Apple generally does one of three things...

1. Ignores it or addresses it but labels it a non-issue.
    2. Tries to fix it but fails and sometimes offers a workaround.
    3. Fixes it immediately, or eventually.

People who think that the gripes of 1000 (or even 10,000) users on a web forum are even remotely considered by Apple in any meaningful way are delusional. Apple does not have a team pouring over the countless random complaints of users on ANY forum, even their own. So, how exactly do you expect them to "address this"?

16. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

lol :d

17. pk7 macrumors 6502

My flash is fine, and I have a white iPhone 4S with a Zagg shield AND a Belkin clear case.

Might I suggest that if your photo looks washed out with the flash, use the Auto-Enhance in the stock iOS photo editor? It works wonders and removes most, if not all, of the excess white.

18. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

My friends white iPhone 4 seemed to take washed out pics at night with flash. My white 4S seems to be okay.

19. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Yeah, OP. Take pictures of your girlfriend in different poses and let us compare the difference, all in the name of science....:D

20. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Good idea, and please keep the clothing to a minimum as some clothing reduces image quality.

21. Couture Wraps macrumors newbie

Couture Wraps

Hahahahahahaha

22. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Mine doesn't do it, well i guess tough luck...

23. mmmtastybusch macrumors regular