Why are Itune store card not sold worldwide

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by super michael, Dec 5, 2011.

1. super michael, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

super michael macrumors regular

I don't get this, why does Apple refuse to release Itune cards to Gibraltar? The problem is, the apple shop said I either need to buy Itune cards from ebay or get someone that lives in UK to send it to Gibraltar.

How on earth can a Apple shop recommend ebay.

I just don't get it.

Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft sell card to use on online, but Apple refuse to bring Itune to Gibraltar.

I want to buy apps from Itune for when I get a Ipod touch 32GB 4th gen.

For those curious, Gibraltar apple store is called Newton, which is www.newton.gi

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I'm not sure if you're serious, but I'll reply anyway since its such a interesting situation.

Is there no way for you to send a gift card to yourself within iTunes? I do this if I just want a set amount. Have you tried a Visa gift card? I'm sure you'd probably need a US address. I would use a PMB address since they get a bunch of mail anyway and redirect nonsense mail, if you Visa ever sends you anything. Or, unless Apple determines it via location then that method won't work.

3. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Why not just use a credit card and the app store? Don't you have to have a credit card on file to use the app store even if you're using a gift card balance?

4. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

I am serious, its true what I am saying. I wanted to use Itune store card so I don't use credit card or debit card.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

What's wrong with attaching a credit or debit card to your itunes account?

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Okay. I gave some options that you could try. Have you tried those yet? And by iTunes store card, are you talking about the gift card that has a set amount of money? Or some sort of debit/credit/charge iTunes card, which doesn't exist.

7. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Aren't you required to attach a debit/credit card to your account to even use the store? Even if you are using gift cards?

8. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

No, you don't. Check your account. There is a "none" option. That's what I did. I just have a large amount in my gift card.

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I like how you asked this same question in both the ipod touch section, and the iphone section.

WTF???

10. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm I don't know about Visa gift card, I have to check. Its not something I heard before but doesn't hurt to check.

I already have a Itune account a UK account.

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

That's what I thought. Right now even tho I have money in my iTunes account from a gift card I still have to have my debit card info attached to my account.

12. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I responded to that several posts up. You can remove your CC option entirely. There is a "none" option. It's there. Really. Try it. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll help you find it.

13. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Actually you can make a account without credit card, there is a option that sometime appear that says payment none.

14. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

15. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

And it seems he still hasn't come close to answering your question LOL. this is going great!

16. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Didn't know that and thanks for enlightening us.

17. nitemare macrumors regular

heres a thought, buy a pre-paid credit card in euros, british pounds w/e and add that card number to your iTunes account and use that to buy an iTunes card through the iTunes store then delete the pre-paid credit from your iTunes account.

18. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Lots of echoes. Haha.

Well, can't blame a guy for trying.

19. GerMo macrumors member

Like some others have mentioned, I suggest you to find some 'Prepaid Visa Gift Cards' to buy apps and all that. I'm in the same situation and have been looking around as there aren't any iTunes Gift Cards in Hong Kong.

20. WildGuess macrumors regular

I don't get this, why does Apple refuse to release Itune cards to Gibraltar?

Too close to Morocco.