Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Just curious... From my personal experience, it always seems as if other phones are substantially louder than the iPhone. Is Apple concerned with quality? Am I experiencing placebo? It doesn't seem like other phones suffer from sound quality, although I don't spend much time with them.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
If you're talking about external speakers, I'm glad the iPhone is lower in volume because have you ever been in a public place, ringtones have gotten very annoying and just because you like a (crappy) song doesn't that everyone around you wants to hear it.

As well as Text Tones.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
Just curious... From my personal experience, it always seems as if other phones are substantially louder than the iPhone. Is Apple concerned with quality? Am I experiencing placebo? It doesn't seem like other phones suffer from sound quality, although I don't spend much time with them.

You need to take the clear plastic cover off the front of the phone...

Had to tell my 70 year old parents the same thing when they got theirs... :p

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I would say not true. My iPhone 5 is plenty loud. And my 3GS is plenty loud too.

In fact, with my old HTC Touch Pro I had to install a CAB file to jack up the volume because HTC's default was too low. So, if anything, I'd say OTHER phones are softer than the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.