Why are my smart playlist empty on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elietabet, Nov 17, 2011.

1. elietabet macrumors newbie

In iTunes, Match is on; the library has some locally saved songs and some are matched in iCloud.

I also have 4 smart playlists: based on grouping, genre, and artists.
    All smart playlists show the corresponding songs.

Match is enabled on my iPhone 4S, playlists are there, but all empty.
    iPhone library is showing locally saved songs as well as from the iCloud; just exactly what I see in iTunes.

So do playlists not sync across iDevices?

Thanks for the help.

2. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I don't have Match on, but the first time i synced up my 4s to my computer, turns out all my playlists got emptied out, but were still there just empty (like you are saying)

Not sure what happened, i just ended up finding them again because most of my playlists are random songs and i group them by naming the Album Name, the name of the Playlist.

Would be interesting to know what caused it though!

3. elietabet thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well anyone?

4. jminner macrumors newbie

I believe all you ave to do is, on your iPhone, go to Settings -> Music -> and do two things: turn iTunes Match ON and turn Show All Music ON.

Worked for me.

:)

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I had that happen, toggling match off, then back on fixed it.

6. britcay macrumors newbie

I think itunes match doesnt like groupings

For some reason all my playlists that have groupings in there are ignored on my iphone/ipad.

If they are based totally on groupings, then the playlists are present, but they're empty. If any playlists use filters based on groupings then these are ignored (so the filtered-out songs show up!)

E.g. I use one grouping for 'chillout' which can be cross-genre, but downtempo stuff.... it's just empty!

Equally if I have a genre-based playlist that excludes the 'chillout' group it ignores this and includes them.

I can only conclude that match doesnt like groupings? Rubbish! :mad: