Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Why do videos seem choppy and laggy when playing on Mountain Lion?

Is there any FIX for this? What browser is the best to play videos on websites?

Why is the flash on Mac so choppy and laggy? Never used to happen on my Windows PC.

Any solution/fix?

Nov 28, 2010
located
ClickToPlugin is quite helpful to play the original H.264 streams within a QT interface instead of the Flash interface, though it will not work with all sites, especially those naughty ones.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
ClickToPlugin is quite helpful to play the original H.264 streams within a QT interface instead of the Flash interface, though it will not work with all sites, especially those naughty ones.

Any other solution? I am close to giving away my Mac and going back to MS Windows....just for the smooth flash video playback.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Any other solution? I am close to giving away my Mac and going back to MS Windows....just for the smooth flash video playback.

Is playing back Flash videos such a big interest of yours, that you would consider moving away from Mac OS X? If so, if the alternative you have been given does not work for you, or using the latest Flash version, which you might already do, or trying out Chrome or Opera (which somehow use their own Flash mechanisms), then by all means, try Windows.

What resolution do you watch them in (720p, 1080p or 480p or 360p or 240p) and what exact Mac do you have?

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Is playing back Flash videos such a big interest of yours, that you would consider moving away from Mac OS X? If so, if the alternative you have been given does not work for you, or using the latest Flash version, which you might already do, or trying out Chrome or Opera (which somehow use their own Flash mechanisms), then by all means, try Windows.

What resolution do you watch them in (720p, 1080p or 480p or 360p or 240p) and what exact Mac do you have?

Yes, it's what i do most, play videos on many different websites.

Tried chrome opera etc, still same problems, and search on google exposes a common problem on mac and video flash.

I waych them in what res the webpage plays it, looks average res.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.