Why are Preview scans blurred in High Sierra?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by prefersmac, Apr 5, 2018.

1. prefersmac macrumors newbie

After upgrading from Sierra to High Sierra it seems that when I scan a document in Preview v.10.0 (944.5) with a usually reliable Epson 2450 Photo Scanner the image sometimes is blurred. I have the same problem using Image Capture v.7.0 (1106). I also see that many saved scans are also blurred in Finder but I found that if I open the file and then I use "Display at actual size" the scan is resized and then is in focus. Is there a fix? Thank you.

Attached Files:

• bad.jpg
      bad.jpg
      File size:
      391.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Kognito macrumors regular

Kognito

Are the 'saved scans' you mentioned ones that you did before upgrading to High Sierra?

3. prefersmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes.

4. prefersmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I installed the latest Epson Perfection 2450 driver for Image Capture.
    I can't explain it but I can now scan properly using either Image Capture, Preview, or a 3rd option I had never tried before "Open Scanner" (in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners/Perfection 2450). I have reviewed many of my scanned files in Finder (View as Cover Flow) and although most now appear normal a few are still blurred but once opened in Preview and I click on "Display at actual size" they appear normal.