Why are so many forum frequenters liberals?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by radiogoober, Aug 20, 2012.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I don't know if I should give thread a proper response.... Sounds like troll bait....

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

It obviously is.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/

Go to that forum and tell me how liberal it is.

Also, read the comments on any yahoo political article (hell, just about any news article) and tell me how liberal those are.

You're really scared of life, aren't you?

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You go to a liberal forum you'll find more liberals. You go to a conservative forum you'll find more conservatives. You can't explain that.

:rolleyes:

4. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

The forum members are not necessarily "liberal" but they do not seem to be as close minded or unreasonably biased and or bigoted as some other thread participants.

KGB:rolleyes:

5. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

I can never tell who's liberal. Though I'm terrible at reading people. Also, I don't do politics. Not my cup of tea.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

7. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

I would have thought it would have been obvious.

Apple with its closed system, represents Communism.

Windows with its open system represents Capitalism.

Excuse the crude troll bait, but I genuinely believe as others do that Mac users are more likely to left of centre.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I would also say this- we recognize a good platform. I have been a Mac user since the 80's because quite simply- it made sense. Why use something crappy because it's cheap and horrible?

9. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

You do just mean this forum, right?

There are a higher number of liberals who participate in the conservative ideal bashing on this forum, but I suspect there are many more conservatives here than is apparent. They just don't bother to jump into discussions where the loudest and most obnoxious win.

Debate is not really possible here. It's more of a pile on mentality.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So when I jailbreak or do other things that go around Apple's tightly knit walled garden, I'm being some kind of anti-state subversive?

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

This bothers you, doesn't it?

Imagine how much harder it would be if this type of "ideal bashing" impacted your daily life.

I won't cop to being more obnoxious, because I don't think that's the truth - but louder? Yes. Want to know why? Because I believe in equality. And I'm going to fight for it. Something that many conservative politicians in this country don't believe in.

And maybe they aren't as vocal, beause they know in the face of logic that they don't have a leg to stand on.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There, there ... no need to set up the troll bait.

13. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I think it's only perceived that there are more "liberals" on the forum because of /////, which means there are far more people that ~~~~. When it draws on a worldwide audience %%%% means that ####, which in turn results in many people who are ))))). It's quite simple really <<<.

I hope it makes more sense now
    XOXO

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The more real information you have the more liberal you are.

So be careful with that Mac. You might start caring about the poor and civil rights.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I guess when we get bored at our pool parties after collecting our welfare cheques we have to have something to do, and posting in PRSI passes the time.

16. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I cannot speak or post for others, but I believe that many of the Europeans would not automatically think of themselves as Liberals in their own societies.:D

But when viewed through the eyes of the US system of politics we are seen as liberals.

Like wise most of the GOP would be seen as Fascist/Racist in mainland Europe.:mad:

17. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

You warranty will be denied and your details kept for future reeducation, by the Apple People's Republic.

18. Rampant.A.I., Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Because the facts have a liberal bias.

Just like the mainstream media--people who read the paper instead of listening to Talk Radio or watching Fox News for their information on world events are slowly brainwashed into social liberals.

That's just silly. Years of Microsoft litigation and buyouts have forced Apple--and every other non-windows platform--to become a closed system, just as Microsoft wants it.

They bought out our largest game designer, Bungie, in the late 90's, early '00's; and turned their production to a single, closed platform: XBox. A bare-bones computer with a decent graphics card could have run any XBox game, but Microsoft forced people to buy a console to get games from outside developers that would have run on just about any gaming PC.

Microsoft represents Facism, not free-market capitolism.

19. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ah, Moyank - wonderful, as always, to read you. And yes, I agree.

To the OP: I have noticed that quite a number of US neo-cons, or ultra-conservatives have a real, serious and enduring problem with the existence - let alone the expression - of an alternative perspective on life, notwithstanding some of the fine ideals penned by the Founding Fathers.

And yes, those who espouse an unfair and unequal society (sexually, socially, economically, politically....)deserve to be called out on it.

Exactly.

:D What can I say? Bravo....cue sound of applause.

Actually, you are absolutely correct. I'm European, and would consider myself an ardent social democrat in a european context; by US standards, I would probably be viewed as falling off (the far left) edge of the world and, I suspect, would quite cheerfully have been burned as a witch in an earlier incarnation.

Indeed, it is astonishing that are considered dangerously radical in the States (especially if promoted by a Democrat President or House) are seen as basic human rights in most of mainland Europe. The measuring stick which defines the political spectrum is marked very differently across the ocean.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The answer to the OP's question is simple: We liberals are taking over. Fall in line of face the consequences.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why are so many conservatives allergic to facts?

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Well forum users tend to be more educated as in terms of college degrees and more educated people tend to be more liberally minded. More than likely because they are smarter and know more facts so they can see threw the right wing lies. it is harder to pull fool people who can omg think for themselves and see facts for what they really are.

well that is a quote of truth

23. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

Because teh interwebs are better in the blue states.

24. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Why is the US allowing itself to be so polarised on everything?

Was it GWB's "If you're not with us, you're against us" rhetoric? Is it a culture of "shut up, smart person, I believe what I want!"?

Is it Jersey Shore?

As an outsider I'm getting more concerned by the sheer chasm that now exists between the political factions. Sure, we have our issues here but our pollies are generally just two wings on the same useless dumb bird that keeps flying into the window.

What I see of the US, each side is their own big dangerous bird and they're flying directly at one another.

I'm serious, why is the US so black-and-white on every issue?