Why are so many people angry at Apple? Why did you buy a computer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CP123, Feb 14, 2010.

1. CP123 macrumors regular

I'm just wondering why people buy computers. Is it because:

1. Need
    2. Specs
    3. Name brand
    4. Experience
    5. Software

It seems like plenty of people here put a lot of emphasis on specs, regardless of performance or experience. Since I work on Windows-based PCs all day, and use Mac-based PCs at home, I would never go back to Windows-based PCs. I find it so much easier and less complicated on the Mac.

However, that is my experience. So many folks here complain about what specs Mac-based desktops and laptops don't have, and what should be in those computers that it dominates the conversation. If those who care about specs, could find it in a Windows-based PC, then they should consider (or get) a Windows-based PC. If enough of you do that, believe me Apple will get the message. As long as those people who keep complaining about what's not in Mac products, keep buying it, what incentive does Apple have to give you what you want.

I love Apple-based products. But that is my opinion. I could never tell someone they are wrong for loving Windows-based PCs. Nor can I begrudge them for switching back to Windows-based PCs. However, the anger towards Apple makes no sense to me. Apple doesn't own anybody here anything. If you don't like their products, vote with your feet. Trust me, if enough of you do it, they will get the message.

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

3. cmanbrazil macrumors regular

I disagree a little. Microsoft gets beat up and sued for forcing ie on people with its operating system, but apple forces its hardware on everyone to get its operating system. However, I guess this is not criminal like Microsoft. So I think people have a right to complain, because there are no other hardware options if you are going to stay with osx. Apple survives, because of the quality of its operating system. Without it, people will jump ship rapidly, thats why apples operating system is the focus of its commercials, and rightly so.

4. CP123 thread starter macrumors regular

Neither Microsoft nor Apple force their products on anyone. If you don't want the product, don't buy it. Additionally, I think people buy Apple for more than the operating system. People who never had a Mac, buy it for different reasons, then get hooked on the operating system when they realize how good it is.

5. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

As someone who uses windows, linux, and mac os x daily. I use mac os x as my personal computer because it feels good. I like the dock, and I like the menu bar mostly.

7. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I bought a Mac because it was usable, unlike PCs which kept giving me hardware issues. And a Mac has great design. I hate those un-unified, colorful flashing LEDs each time I have to run my old PC laptop.

8. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

I switched because, after trying out OSX 10.3 (I think) at a friend's, I had the feeling that "those guys just got it right" and never looked back since, so I guess I am in the "Experience" camp first and mostly.