Why are the psd files I import into Imovie coming out blurry in final movie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by olivjuice143, May 2, 2010.

1. olivjuice143 macrumors newbie

I tried doing several things such as flattening the images, changing the resolution, using different file formats. I tried making the images exactly 1920 by 1080 which someone mentioned was the px dimensions that imovie uses and that didn't work.

The only time the image seems clearer is when I go to show photo settings, which is weird.

These images were originally raws so I can make them whatever size is needed for imovie. I just need to know what it likes best!

I was thinking I might not be rendering them properly. I imported it into idvd and it rendered it that way. Is there another way I can do it maybe?

Anything would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What settings do you use in iMovie? And what format and codec do you use for export? DVDs are in SD, not in HD, keep that in mind.

3. olivjuice143 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not all that familiar with iMovie. I just opened it and started using it. I don't know how to go about changing setting one way or the other.

I'm not sure I know what you are referring to when you say format and codec. But I exported into quicktime and iDVD if thats what you are asking.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What is set here under import 1080i video as?

[​IMG]

Why don't you use the SHARE option of getting the video into iDVD instead of exporting it? Every conversion/transcode worsens the image quality.

Have you read any of the online tutorials on how to use that?

5. olivjuice143 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I am using a different version of iMovie than what you are referring to so I don't see any similar option. I did however try to share that movie with iDVD and that did not work either.

Do you know where to find good online tutorials?