Why are you for illegal immigration?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Herdfan, Feb 8, 2017.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Wrong. We owe them due process of law.

BL.

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

This. Let's streamline it too so that the process is knocked out in days too.

3. MaulRx Suspended

...so we agree about your reasoning then. Gotcha. I would counter we owe them the same rights we owe a citizen when they are in our country. It's not only the moral thing to do, it's the legal thing to do.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 9, 2017 ---
    Why don't we open up camps and stick all the Muslims in them? So we can have them all localized just in case one of them tries something? Who's with me?

4. pdqgp, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

you're moving the goal posts given we weren't talking about due process, we were talking about a second chance to become citizens. the answer there is no we don't. I vote once they are out they stay out.

so now we're moving entire football fields and talking about Muslims? Put ****ing Pepsi can on his desk and I wouldn't care either.

5. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Try this https://amac.us/illegal-immigration-cost-1/
    Not true. The minority have been immigrants. Majority have an ancestor that was or descended from immigrants? Yes.

6. MaulRx, Feb 9, 2017

MaulRx Suspended

Right we are talking about second chances, something that is fundamental to our country. Felons here, even killers, are routinely given second chances if they make use of them. You are in favor of illegals not having that opportunity based strictly on where they are from and who they are. Again, that's racism. You are saying that they are somehow inherently worse than the criminals, and therefore the people, we have here natively. Why? Because they are immigrants.

These aren't my sentiments, they are yours. Go back and read what you wrote.

Was that in reply to something you said or did you read what we were responding to at all? The original point that is.

7. pdqgp, Feb 9, 2017

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

8. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

fundamental to our country's citizens, not illegal aliens.

because they came here ILLEGALLY and then committed the felony. You can stop using the term immigrants too, as they are aliens. They didn't immigrate here, they crossed over the border ILLEGALLY or over-stayed their visa and are not citizens. They are illegal aliens.

10. MaulRx Suspended

You aren't helping yourself by saying the same thing over and over again. A two strike violent offender here is still not as bad as an immigrant that comes here illegally and commits a crime. What's the word that describes that again? Starts with an R...

11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

sorry but no, it's not racist. you can try and paint it as such but we don't owe illegal aliens who are felons a second chance once to come here. they are deported and that's not racist. want to blame anyone blame them for not following our process, blowing their chance and then committing a crime.

it's called accountability.

12. MaulRx Suspended

It's not racist to treat someone differently based on where they are from and who they are? Ok...

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

has nothing to do with where they are from or who they are. it's how they entered our land which is ILLEGALLY that's how and what they did when they were here.....Committed a FELONY.

14. MaulRx Suspended

No it's called racism. You can hold someone accountable for their actions based simply on said actions, not their race or ethnicity or country of origin.
    Again, for the umpteenth time, you already stipulated that felons here are afforded second chance opportunities because they are citizens. You also state, repeatedly, that you want to treat immigrants who commit crimes much harsher strictly because one of the crimes they committed is having came here illegally.

Your thoughts not mine.

15. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I'm am doing exactly that. Are you not reading my posts? You're the one bringing up race or ethnicity and country of origin not me.

I'm holding them accountable for entering our country illegally and committing felony while here.

16. MaulRx Suspended

Yes and advocating a strict no return policy based on their crimes, mainly their coming here illegally. Crimes that you seem to hold in lower regard then the crimes we routinely provide second chances for in this country for our own citizens.

Applying the law, and by extension their penalties, differently based on who someone is yada yada is racism. Period.

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

they aren't immigrants. using that term implies they are citizens and they aren't. if someone is not here legally they are not immigrants. there's a difference.

also I'm holding them to a harsher level due in part that they are ILLEGAL Aliens who have committed a FELONY.

18. MaulRx Suspended

I know, I've been saying that for the last few posts.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Yes, because those "chances" are part of what you are entitled to as a CITIZEN. They don't apply to Illegal ALIENS. They get due process while here then they go home. Period. They don't take the rights our our legit citizens with them.

Time we hold them accountable for their actions.

20. MaulRx Suspended

Again, we are saying the same thing. I just have the integrity to call it what it is. Do you? At least have the conviction to stand by your feelings.

21. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Right?

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

No, you're trying to cry racism and my points clearly show it's not. Keep focusing on "feelings" if that helps you sleep. Meanwhile I'll continue to push for holding people accountable for their own actions such as entering our country illegally and committing felony crimes while here regardless of where they are from, the color of their skin etc....

23. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Citizens have rights that non citizens don't. If you think that is racist then I have some magic beans to sell you.

24. MaulRx Suspended

No, they clearly and verbatim show someone who advocates harsher punishment for lesser crimes based solely on who someone is. You said it yourself "Correct" I think is how you put it.
    Thats not what we are talking about, try again?

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

show me where any of my points are about who someone is vs what they have done.

I clearly note that it's about a person entering our country illegally making them an illegal alien and committing felonies while here making them a criminal. In fact I've noted that my points are not about who they are or where they are from.

you're trying to say that it's racist to call someone an Illegal Alien or a Felon. LOL!