Why aren't the parrot zik line of headphones more popular?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ghost31, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Just wondering what you guys thought about this. I know some of you are audiophiles and probably wouldnt be happy with these, but after looking at everything in the market at this price range and having a zik 2 and then a zik 3, i dont understand why these aren't more popular.

They have a great design, some of the best noise cancellation ive ever heard that YOU CAN ACTUALLY ADJUST TO YOUR LIKING (huge thing missing with other noise cancelling headphones in my opinion) touch controls on the earcup and an app that works with your phone where you can tune it to sound exactly how you want with a few other features. And the sound is just...amazing for the this price range.

But i look at all my local stores like walmart and target and they dont even sell it. Best buy JUST has the old zik 2's at full price and i never hear about these. Seems like there's no advertising that happens with them and that even parrot has somewhat given up on them. The new 3's are sold at a $120 discount on amazon

2. riotrhythm macrumors regular

riotrhythm

Great design and sound, but really poor build quality. I know people who bought Bose over the Ziks because of the complaints. Their warranty sucks and it's like pulling teeth to get them honor any type of issue, like the glue separating the lining in the ear and failure of the right cup entirely. plus, my battery only lasted an hour or so. I'm coming from a Zik 2 standpoint, so maybe these issues were rectified with the 3.

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I liked them, but I agree about the shabby build quality, and the touch/swipe controls were very erratic for me. Didn't love having to use an app to tune them. Haven't tried the "3" version, maybe they've improved.

4. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

My problem with them was that they sound TERRIBLE when not powered; and the battery life is just so-so.