Why can't 3GS owners get free cases?

teenwith3i

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
On Apple's site (apple.com/antenna) they apparently prove the 3GS has the same attenuation issue. Shouldn't 3GS owners get free cases too? If there is nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 design, why are there no free cases for iPhone 3GS?

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
The 3GS is a year old and doesn't have the antenna on the outside of the phone case. Plus, no one complained about it and made a huge deal last year.

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Because when it comes to fixing their product it suits Apple to muddy the two issues concerning the iPhone 4. When it comes to giving stuff away, suddenly the difference is crystal clear and since the 3GS doesn't suffer from the antenna problem that's unique to the iPhone 4, you're not getting a case.

nora47

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
as crazy as the idea sounds and will get flamed....he does have a point since apple did call their own product out, but to be honest it wont happen

Dash Trash

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Wow. I have never seen so many 13 year old girls crying about anything in my life. Reading these threads makes me embarrassed to be apart of the 25 and under crowd...

gehrbox

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Charleston,SC
On Apple's site (apple.com/antenna) they apparently prove the 3GS has the same attenuation issue. Shouldn't 3GS owners get free cases too? If there is nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 design, why are there no free cases for iPhone 3GS?
Get together a bunch of friends and complain to Apple. I'm sure they will comply.

p-rice

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Jeez, you can simply walk into any mall and buy those generic brands one for 5 bucks. With the new design of the iPhone 4 it's gonna take a little while before the cheapo ones from China arrive.

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Jeez, you can simply walk into any mall and buy those generic brands one for 5 bucks. With the new design of the iPhone 4 it's gonna take a little while before the cheapo ones from China arrive.
Nope, I saw plenty today on those dodgy phone stalls!