Why can't Americans get along?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, Aug 28, 2007.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Today I happened upon an article where someone said something that may have appeared to offend everybody, but once explained, offended nobody.

It isn't clear what race the asst. principal is, so that may play a role, but it is really something to see that nobody overreacted, has demanded that she be fired or required to take sensitivity classes, and everybody is looking to help the community improve. More disturbing is that this appears to be a refreshing change of pace.

Why don't we see things like this more often - is it the noise-makers are the exception to the rule, is this just not "newsworthy", or is this just that rare?

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Ms. Colbert, the assistant principal who sent out the potentially offensive e-mail, is black (as are most or all of the other school administrators). The administrative staff for Ozen High School is pictured here.

I know that it's cynical of me to say so, but I think that pretty much sums up why this blew over so quickly and why it's not considered newsworthy (at least not on a national level).