Why can't I add album art to iTunes anymore?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrsundaynight, Aug 2, 2009.

1. mrsundaynight macrumors newbie

Hey folks....basic question for you.

I'm running the newest iTunes (version 8.2.1). In the past (with older versions), I was able to add album artwork by simply clicking the button to bring up the "Now Playing" artwork window (in the bottom left corner). Then I would highlight the songs I wanted, and drag the picture into that space.

Doesn't seem to work anymore. Have to take the extra step to highlight the songs, then click "Get info", and drop the artwork in there.

Not a huge deal, I suppose. But hey, it's an extra step and I'm busy!

Anyone know what happened?

Thanks a lot.

2. mrsundaynight thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Cant you copy and paste the artwork into that box? Cant you google the image, copy it, go back to iTunes, and pate it into the album box you were talking about? I used to do that before I started going the 'get info' route.

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

If your Artist, and Album names are correct, can't you guys just right click>Get Album Artwork it?

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Well yes, of course you can, but thats not what he is asking. He is talking about when he doesnt have that info and it has to be done manually. It wont work for him from what I surmise.

Yes, you're right though, that is one option.

6. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Sometimes that doesn't find the right artwork.

Issue I have is that the art is on iTunes, but for some reason doesn't appear on my iPhone as a small thumbnail. When using coverflow they work fine.