Why can't I change the "Calendar" field after I have saved an event?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jman995x, Jun 19, 2009.

1. jman995x macrumors regular

Hello,

I've noticed this in the past and was hoping that with the release of 3.0 that it would be fixed, but it hasn't been.

Let's say you have a whole bunch of "Calendars" set up within iCal.....Home, Work, School, Calls to Make, Errands, Things to do on the Computer....etc., etc.

Say that I add a new event on my iPhone like, "Call Dad". I input the title, time, date, alarm bell, etc., etc. and also which "Calendar" it falls under (obviously, "Calls to Make").
    Say that notifier goes off and I decide that it's to late to call my dad and want to change the "Calendar" category it's now under ("Calls to Make") to "Emails to Send".

When I'm under the "Edit" portion of the event, the "Calendar" button is not available, only the "Notes" button. How can I change the event Calendar without retyping the whole event?

Thanks,

Justin

2. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Sadly you can't. This is one of the main reasons that I decided to organize my calendars differently. Instead of using the iPhone/MobileMe calendar I opted to use a Google CalDAV calendar. I can't categorize things, but I was getting so frustrated by the exact issue you described that it simply wasn't worth it for me to try to maintain multiple calendars.