why cant i find and metallica albums on itunes store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spoon man, Dec 1, 2007.

1. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

im trying to buy some metallica albums off itunes store but i cant find any metallica stuff apart from tribute bands and metallica bass lines ?? has anyone else had this prob or is it just me ?? :confused:

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

probably because metallica is nothing but a bunch of money grubbing whores now. iTunes revenue is small for bands. I remember reading that Weird Al gets 4 cents per track sold. That's less than what he gets when his disc sells (even if you break it down by track).

Actually I see metallica albums on here. 10 bucks a pop.
    Maybe it's a UK thing?

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I knew they were on the iTunes store from when I ripped my Metallica CDs into iTunes, it grabbed the artwork.

It must be another case of music not available in some of the other stores other than the U.S. There are also CDs that are available in the U.K. store that we can't buy here in the U.S.

4. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

LOL yeah I remember the whole Napster thing. Because of that, I have not purchased a single Metallica CD and have not been to any Metallica concerts since then. I have no problem paying for music and I have bought almost 3,000 songs in iTunes in just the last two months alone, but Lars screaming like a little baby made me lose all interest I had in the band. I had all their CDs and videos up to that point, all store bought. Lots of other people have felt the same way about them.

Anyways, this thread wasn't supposed to be about that but I couldn't resist.

6. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Metallica is well known for their pro-piracy views. They weren't eager to get their tracks on legitimate online stores because file sharing is a great way to distribute their music. Plus, they're happy with the money they've made throughout the years, so the lost revenue wasn't an issue either.

7. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

What? They were the first to take action against Napster.

8. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Are you serious? :confused:

[​IMG]

9. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Don't you mean anti-piracy or did I just miss some obvious sarcasm? :p

Wasn't Dr. Dre also among one of the first ones in there with Metallica? Anyway, I really don't blame Lars for his views or his actions against Napster.

10. G4DP macrumors 65816

Hopefully coming soon.

Just because the artowrk is there doesn't mean anything.

Metallica are on the US Store along with all of their video's. The reason they are not on iTunes anywhere else is due to the record label that represents them in the rest of the world. Hopefully it will be sorted out very soon.

If you got to www.metallica.com then you'll be able to find all the info about it.

What they did against Napster was perfectly fair. Would you want someone stealing work that you had produced?

Exactly!!

11. spoon man thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoon man

ive borrowed my mates metallica cd's now so ive saved some money :) but dose any one know when the simpsons,futurama,the dave chapelle show will be coming to i tunes store ??? ive got all my fave south park episodes but i want more :)

12. davedecay macrumors member

13. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

LOL. I like the last sentence in particular.

14. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

From Wikipedia

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Chapelle is already in the U.S. store. The others aren't and it isn't known when and if they will be added.

16. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Slightly OT, but you really should get a DVD copy of the Den Bosch '92 video monitor bootleg. It's frickin' awesome after you rip it for the iPod, really high quality from the master DVD. I got mine from some guy in Germany that had a bootleg trading website. It's a copy from a tape of the video monitors at the 2.5 hour concert, with no audience track. Here is a small taste (crappy youtube quality):

Am I Evil

Through The Never

Motorbreath Breadfan Encore (awesome)

17. spoon man thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoon man

hey ive also can't find any ac/dc albums whats going on :eek:

18. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

19. 2112FCA macrumors newbie

I'll trade you Metallica for The Smiths, since The Smiths are not available in the U.S. store.