Why Can't I Just Love My iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ggibson913, Sep 17, 2013.

1. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

I am continually puzzled whenever I see reviews or forums on other sites for the iPhone or other Apple products. It amazes me that just because I like the iPhone, I get that I am an iSheep or a long winded explanation as to why Android or Windows Phone is better.

I know that there are phones out there in the marketplace which are technically more advanced, I know that there are more bells and whistles on this phone and that one.

I just choose the iPhone because I like the user experience. It's simple and uncomplicated (for me). For me the iPhone is the best choice along with the other Apple products I own because it offers me the best user experience. I don't begrudge folks who choose Android or Windows their choice, why is mine any different? Ok End of rant.

2. abz1981, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013

abz1981 macrumors 65816

We all have our own reasons why we love apple products.

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I believe that choice is always good. I have owned and tried the S4 and it is quite nice but Apple gets the job done for me. It all works to well when I also depend on my iPad for work and play. I have no desire to leave Apple.

I do wish it were a little more easy to do some things without using iTunes, but Apple keeps these restrictions for their own reasons.

I am a little nervous about iOS7. Hope Apple has done it's homework.

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

You can, just need to not care what other people think.

5. billycuth macrumors 6502a

From what I've seen, iOS7 is gonna make older phones that can run it seem like new. And the 5c and 5s are gonna be awesome.

You will finally get some of the features that android has had for a while, but I think they'll be implemented as well as they can be without sacrificing too much battery life. That's just opinion at this point though.

6. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Same here OP. However, some people can't do uncomplicated :D

7. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

There are stupid people you can find on the street, and in a similar fashion, there are also stupid people online.

Just do yourself a favour and don't bother with their comments. Don't argue because they are stubborn, and ignore them. Let them have their own little world. Be sure to report someone here who insults you or anyone else directly.

8. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

The bigger and significant something is, tends to be much more loved and hated.

For example, Manchester United is the biggest club in the UK, and if you don't support them, you HATE them. And I mean fans of other clubs HATE Manchester United.

Same goes for Apple; they are huge company, so you are either with them, or very much against them. People, who don't like Apple, really don't like Apple.

Think of a smaller company, like, Dell perhaps, you can't really hate Dell, but at the same time, you can't really love them. They put out average products, at average prices, but you can't be that passionate about the company.

Becoming a massive company is a double edge sword. You become really loved and really hated.

2000-2008, Apple were the underdogs, up against Microsoft. Apple fans were very passionate and quick to hate on anything Microsoft.

But now Apple are a huge company, and up until recently Android were the underdogs, so their fans were very vocal in hating anything Apple, just like Apple fans hating MS 10 years ago.

You will find as Android becomes more ubiquitous, their fans will become less passionate about hating the competition because that underdog mentality will have faded, like it seems to have with most Apple fans.

9. charlesdayton, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I also don't understand the rabid trolls/fanboys. They go to the competing platform forums to say how great their platform is and go name calling on users of other platforms (call them dumb, iSheep, ignorant, etc.). They would be more productive posting on their own platform forums and helping other users.

I am not an Apple only costumer. On my laptop use Windows(which by the way works great with icloudsync). I am not computer illiterate I know how to code, diagnose, and build a system from scratch. But I have enough computer tweaking in my job.

Personally I just want a Phone that works great out of the box without any tweaking and is stable and up to date. With Android (unless I spend the $$ for a nexus) I have to waste time rooting in order to remove carrier/manufacturer bloatware. Then I have to install Google stock apps (which most often get replaced by the manufacturer), live with the manufacturer ugly skin, and wait a lot for OS updates.

At least outside of the internet I rarely see people fighting over their OS of choice or trying to evangelize it. Many don't even know what os their phone uses. They just know how to access FB and play Candy Crush.

PS: I remember a survey on why Android users choose it over iPhone, most of the respondents reason was simply that "they hate Apple". Hatred a silly reason for platform selection. You should choose what you personally like. Here is the link: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20055181-71.html

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's a matter of perspective. What you refer to as complicated the Android fanbois refer to as choice. You can choose how you want to set things up, where, what, etc.

Some people see more than a few choices as complicated and their eyes start to glaze over especially when it comes to technology (my wife). Apple, for good or bad, depending on where you stand, limits your choices. This is why jailbreaking is so popular. Because it removes the restrictions Apple is placing on choice, which therefore makes it complicated to those people who don't do well with more than a few choices.

Apple markets their phones to those who want to keep things simple. Those who use Android just do not understand why someone would want to limit their range of choice. Thus, we get in to a war.

For the record, my iPhone 5 (and my wife's) is jailbroken. I don't like Apple limiting my choices.

11. LV426 macrumors 6502a

I endorse that sentiment entirely. My own personal 'user experience' is: superb customer support from the Apple Store; tight integration with other Apple devices such as my MacBook; great security; not having to read forums where people advocate the pros and cons of installing a 'task killer' to keep their phone going!

12. takeshi74, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Meh. Always consider the source. If you've thought it through and done your due diligence the iSheep comment doesn't apply. There are fanboys in all camps including Android and Windows phone (and not just limited to smartphones but for anything out there) and they tend to think that their preferred choice is universally best because they can't see past their own perspectives. However, no one device is best for everyone as needs/wants/priorities/preferences differ from person to person. Again, consider the source. Comments from someone who can't grasp that simple concept are irrelevant. All it takes is some basic real world observation to see that people have differing preferences for various reasons on all topics.

Simple insecurity plus immaturity. A person secure in her/her decision making can confidently state why the person made a decision without bashing the decisions of others. A mature person can understand that two people can reach entirely different decisions when presented with the same situation and it's not about absolute "right" or "wrong" or one being better than the other when there's preference involved.

You might not but there are certainly Apple fanboys that do.

Learn to ignore irrelevant comments. Many forum sites offer an ignore filter if you run across repeat offenders.

Again, more than one reason exists. My father-in-law and another relative are not power users and did not select Android for its versatility. One selected it due to budget. The other was old by a kid working at the at&t store that Android was better without any regard to the user's specific needs.

13. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

All that needs to be said. I hear this crap from everyone I know everyday. "Fanboy, blah blah" I either laugh it off and agree with them just so they shut up OR if I'm in the mood, ill explain my obvious non fan boy history. iPhones are the only apple product I've ever purchased and I've only bought the 3GS and 5. I bought the galaxy a couple times in between and hated it. So how am I a fanboy? But who cares, people are just angry that you aren't buying the same phone as them.

14. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I hate apple......but I still have an iphone. Oh the irony.

15. OT2000 macrumors regular

OT2000

I totally hear what you're saying, OP.

I'm ordering a 5S, coming from a Galaxy S3 and you would have thought I smacked my Android friend's kids with the "How could you?!" response.

I would 100% rather have a larger screen, but the iOS experience is far superior in core apps that I run. Putting iOS7 beta on my iPad helped lure me back.

16. Kurso macrumors 6502

I love the iPhone but I'm willing to criticize it and Apple when I see things that I disagree with. Other, here and elsewhere will blindly defend Apple without regard for facts or consideration of alternate viewpoints.

Every company has its fans and fanatics, the Apple 'cult' just takes it to the extreme sometimes. This is why we get poked at so much.

17. Cutecynic macrumors member

It goes both ways. Both camps attack each other on each others forums. That's just the way people are. Meh.

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You get this on all sites. Do you know how many people on here called me a fandroid because I use and android alongside my iOS (including iPhone) products?

Learn to get over it. Or do what I do. Have some fun with the idiots who think their opinions are facts. Its great.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I was more speaking in reference to Android fanboys in particular. Of course, both Android and iPhone pick up different users. I myself came over from a Windows Mobile phone. I absolutely love HTC Sense, but my preference is/was the iPhone. Just at the time I got the phone I had before my iPhone, Sprint wasn't selling the iPhone. Otherwise I would have had it as early as May 2009.

----------

You should try being a Sprint user on these forums! :D

20. user-name-here macrumors 65816

OMG Sprint suckz!

Their coverage is terrible.

Customer service is atrocious.

Data speeds are the worst evar!

I can't believe you pay them over Verizon, ATT, Tmobile like me.

/s

Did I miss anything? ;)

21. dsr2 macrumors regular

dsr2

I hear ya! I seem to default back to Apple stuff from whatever gadget I am using. I simply get bored and try out another one of my toys; use it for a while, and then I go back to my Apple product.

I doesn't hurt that almost all the important people in my life use Apple related products and iMessage is a big plus.

22. iAlphard macrumors regular

Yep we all here for each own reason. Me example still here mostly because of the apps, that means the developers, the constructive people. The apple itself? I dunno, i keep pragmatism with me.

23. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

ROTFLMFAO!

Nah, you pretty much covered it, except for the "Sprint users are idiots or morons" comment, but that's ok, I put it in for you. :D

24. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I like the ios, the simplicity that offers and the look of it, yes with android you can customize "everything" but is not the same :D

25. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

It's sad that people are being ridiculed for choosing a cellular device they paid for. I don't care what people say, a lot of devices now pack a punch. It just comes down to what you want more.

----------

I like this guy's sig!