Why can't I mass text on my ip4 but 3GS can?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drenline, Dec 23, 2011.

1. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

On my iphone 3GS I could text as MANY people as I want, but ever since getting my iphone 4, I can only text up to 10 people? What's the deal with that? Anyone know?

Do I need to insert my sim card into my 3GS every time I want to text 50+ people at once now or what? Yes, it's for my business.

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Not sure why you wouldn't just send an email...

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

System>Messages>Group Messaging

turn it on :eek:

4. drenline thread starter macrumors 6502a

drenline

Lol funny story. When I sent my first mass text of 10 people telling people to save my new number.... little did I know that the group messaging button was already enabled so it started a group chat. Anyone who sent a text back to the group messaging box sent it to the other 10 people!! And everybody was receiving random texts to each other, nobody knew each others numbers so everyone was asking each other "who is this?".

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Does it matter why he does it? These types of responses serve no point

6. vettori macrumors 6502a

With ios5, when imessage is on, group messaging is on and mms is on in the device settings app into 'Messages' you can text only small groups and everyone will get the replies.
    Turn iMessage, mms and group messaging off to text larger groups or to prevent replies to go to everyone.

On ios4 only group messaging has to be off to text large groups or to prevent replies go to everyone.

7. drenline thread starter macrumors 6502a

drenline

thank you!!!!!