Why can't I pre-sign for my iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ra4oasis, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

I see that my iPhone 5 is going to be delivered on Friday to my house, which is about 4 miles from work. I'd like to re-sign for it, so I can just drop by the house a couple of times during the day, and it won't have to sit outside more than a couple of hours. But there isn't a pre-sign option on my order (from Apple.com). I see they do talk about that as an option, but the link isn't actually available to do this. Ideas?

2. ginwrak macrumors member

print out the tracking information with your signature on it and leave it at your door. Worked for me last time.

3. calvy macrumors 65816

they haven't even sent out emails saying the items have shipped yet. I'd expect the pre-sign instructions when you get an email with your tracking info.

4. darster Suspended

Exactly! When Apple sends you the email that your item has shipped, there will be a link in the email to print up the form for pre signing.

5. ra4oasis thread starter macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

well thats fine (pre-sign when Apple sends me the shipped email), but i do know it has shipped. the phone is in Kentucky right now, and I'm in Columbus OH, so it is close. UPS has it on their site, so it's strange that Apple hasn't sent the shipped email yet.

6. Radam macrumors member

I really hope they send out those emails soon. My phone is in IL right now. I have to print the sheet tomorrow at work or else I won't be getting my phone until next week sometime. This will make me very unhappy. I just don't understand why they are waiting so long.

7. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I have been waiting to pre sign for mine as well. I will likely be home but just in case I wanted to leave it outside.

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Relax. Louisville is a main hub and thousands of iPhones are sitting there presently awaiting shipping to local areas for delivery on Friday. Check your email tomorrow (Thursday) for notification.

Mine's in the same place. :)

9. DArsenault macrumors regular

10. gswilder macrumors regular

Yes you can

All of mine have been at UPS in Louisville since Tuesday, but still nothing from Apple(preparing for shipment on apple site).

They will go out on Thursday via UPS next day, and that is when Apple will send you a tracking notice. Then you can log on to Apple store and track order. For any that have a tracking number, you can click a link to pre-sign for delivery. This has always worked for me regardless of UPS or Fedex (at least for Apple deliveries).

11. McBeats macrumors 6502a

I got mine coming on the 21st, tracking number works now.

I didn't get several emails (no shipped email, no t&c email) i just kept watching the order status on the website.

I'm lookin for a way to pre-sign as well, I'm just gonna leave a not at the front door, signed. Worked for me 2 years ago with the iphone4.

12. Joewat64 macrumors regular

Just per signed for both.