iPad Why can't I STILL get a Retina icon for saving a website to my home screen?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by toasty hoodie, Sep 27, 2012.

1. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

You would think that by now, with almost ALL devices running iOS 6 being Retina devices, Apple would offer Retina icons for saved sites on the home screen. But no, I have this ugly icon sitting in my dock.

Since there is no JB for iOS 6 and the iPad 3 yet, am I stuck with this icon?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

What icons are you speaking of specifically? If you're talking about generic, random websites on the Internet, the retina icon would be the responsibility of that sites developers.

3. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

how ugly is it? Post a shot

4. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

If the site developer doesn't have one created, it defaults to a picture of the page you are on...

5. toasty hoodie thread starter macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Uploading from Tapatalk.

It's the black icon on the left of my dock. It's the website I use for work, so I like easy access quick. It just looks like crap.

Attached Files:

6. bearda macrumors 6502

If it's the logo of the company that created the website that can't be something that Apple created. It's probably the favicon of the site or something. Chances are it's the guys who created the site that need to come up with a higher resolution graphic. It's not like Apple has a horde of graphic designers locked in a basement somewhere churning out home screen icons for every page on the web....

7. toasty hoodie thread starter macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

True. I know when I ca JB it, there is a way to make the icon hi res. I just gotta wait till then

8. needfx, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

that's not too bad

lack of a reflection on top, and lots of pixels, but I believe you can live with it.

Or else, you can create a favicon.png and forward it to your webmaster | Google the specs

9. 4rtemidis macrumors regular

4rtemidis

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

This icon has nothing to do with Apple. You'd need to contact the webmaster of that site and ask them if the would make a retina version favicon for their site.