Why can't you purchase or rent American movies on iTunes with Spanish subtitles?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by illiniry, Sep 12, 2013.

1. illiniry macrumors member

illiniry

My wife speaks Spanish and we always watch movies in English with Spanish subtitles, but we have to have a DVD to do this. It seems like Apple is losing a huge market share but not offering VOD with an option to choose subtitles. Amazon VOD doesn't offer this either. Can anyone speculate why? I'd imagine studios would have to agree but why wouldn't they?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Some movies have spanish subtitles and even spanish dub in the US store. There are some movies that have like 6 different subtitles...

3. illiniry thread starter macrumors member

illiniry

The vast majority do not. I've looked quite a bit and I bet it's only 5% that have any subtitles available.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

nah, its more... my own personal collection has like 25%. Give it time and they will keep adding stuff, the older the movie on iTunes the less likely. We at least get some subs, other services don't have as much... IDK if it would have more spanish dub/subs if you have a latin america iTunes?

5. illiniry thread starter macrumors member

illiniry

Thanks for the info. How do you turn the subtitles on after you rent a movie that has them? I see no option to do that anywhere on the iPhone.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

All my movies are owned and I see them on my aTV.

But, click on the iPhone screen, the play rewind fwd box should pop out and to the left there should be a subtitle icon next to the rewind button for you to select a subtitle. If you don't see one then the movie doesn't have one. You can check if a movie has subs/dubs in the movie page.