Why Care About the Premium Build ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hbksabhi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. hbksabhi macrumors regular

When Most people are gonna put a ugly case on the phone . iPhone's Beauty is Naked but nobody wants to have a scratched/broken expensive phone . So imo the Premium build has no aesthetic at all . :confused:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Mine is naked and is neither scratched nor broken
    So yep, it is just your opinion :)

3. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

i mean thats the way it should be . naked and its gorgeous , my point was to people who put a case on it

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

If you do not put something on it to prevent scratches it's good looks will no last long. Anyone who say different is in denial. I used a Sedio Surface on my 5 and it looked like new with zero wear when it went out of service for the 5S.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Making blanket statements and generalizations doesn't make it true
    Many use a naked iPhone without scratching or damaging it

Mine stays in my left pants pocket with nothing else and has never been dropped

6. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

I Care

I used to wrap my iPhone 3G with a transparent sticker to showcase the phone's design and prevent nicks and scratches. Now I can't seem to do that on my 5s so I just bought a transparent hard case that is thin and light. I think the premium build can still be seen and I love the way it is now.

7. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

i think this problem will be solved by the time iphone 7 . by that time i think they will move to sapphire glass entirely but right now everytime i see someone with iphone and case i always consider this .

8. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I stand by my statement and your opinion is in the minority. Even my friends 5 shows zero scratches after a year but the anodized finish is wearing off on the edges.:p

GO DAWGS!

9. Lightey macrumors regular

I don't care about the premium build. I'd rather have a 5C to be honest.

Those who don't use a case, I hope your phone breaks you reckless rich people :)

10. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

i mean seriously 5c looks better against a 5/5s with ugly case

11. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Again, to each his own. I rather have an iPhone that is protected with a case on it rather than a scratched up one with dings and dents with lower resale value.

12. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

that is my point , you are always protecting ur expensive investments and worried about resale rather than enjoying the beauty of the product . every time i use the naked iphone 5 i always love it so much more .
    that feeling has to be there every time . i would love apple to make a durable handset .

13. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Why?? Because today's human logic makes no sense.

I agree with you.. why have a nice looking phone and cover it up with a ugly plastic case? At the very least, use a minimum clear see through case to show the aesthetics of your beautiful iPhone. :apple:

Or spend $300 - $900 on a iDevice and cover it up with a $30 plastic bulky defender case... and when the owner feels like showing it off they spend 5 minutes to carefully unravel the phone out of the case. :D

14. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Very Gullible don't you think ?

Subjective and not everyone will agree with you, and that is why more iphone 5S's have been sold over the 5C.

I put mine in a case, and many (Not all) of those with an Android phone's do the same to keep them from damage. Perhaps someday they (All manufactures) will find a way to make a portable phone more durable. To say the iphone 7 may have it is wishful thinking at best.

15. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I think you'd be surprised at how many people do not use a case.

16. StevesJob macrumors newbie

I use a "phone bag" and just take my iphone out of the bag when i use it. No hassle at all and you can enjoy its full beauty.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

And ALL that time it was beautiful and protected what were you holding in your hand?

An iPhone in a case.

You say it's looks won't last long without a case. I say you cased it and never got to see it's good looks.

What I wonder about people who use cases, particularly the Otterboxes is this. You guys are all so wanting to protect the dang phone, when do you ever enjoy the natural beauty of the phone?

If it's cased all the time, is there like a once a month viewing where you pull it out and look at it for five minutes before the paranoid itch to put it back in it's case lest the air scratch it becomes too much? And then it goes back in the case? Or what?

Or does it stay in it's case all the time and the only satisfaction you get about it's looks is the "knowing" that it's perfect when you sell it?

----------

This is another thing about those who use cases that I've noticed here. Seems to be the only reason to case a phone is to protect it so that your resale value does not diminish.

I have to assume that buying an iPhone is only about the resale value and iOS. Because when the phone is cased iOS is about all you can see of the phone. You never see the beauty of the phone because you have it cased. Unless you bring it out for a viewing every so often.

There are believe it or not, those of us who do not sell our phones. I don't need a case because of resale value. I don't resell my phones.

18. scat999999 macrumors regular

I've had iPhones since the night the original one was released. None of them have ever seen a case. I carry mine in my pocket, so the thinness is paramount to me and a case would ruin that. The back of my original one got a little scratched up, but I used it until the 4 was released. I had a 3Gs I got when the 4 came out and a 4S, and got full value trade in on both of them when I upgraded.

19. ABC5S macrumors 68040

=================

Turn on iPhone. Use it for its purpose. Close it down until needed again.

Or are some of you holding it in your hands, foundling it, dreaming of it constantly, and holding it in your arms drooling over it ? You have a problem. Its a phone, whether you have it with or without a case.

Its a phone people. I don't look at it as a piece of art, a family member or something to show off. I use it as a personal tool, nothing else.

20. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Durability and comfort? I don't buy it for the looks. I buy it for how it feels in the hand and how it holds up naked.

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Then what is the point of getting an iPhone.

Any Android or WinMo phone will do if it's just a personal tool. And they are much cheaper. Why did you buy an iPhone if all you are looking for is a personal tool? You could have saved yourself a lot of money.

22. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

Do you people buy a phone to look at or to use it? For crying out loud, this is what is wrong with America, even our phones/tools have become some sort of status symbol instead of a means to earning a living, staying in touch with loved ones, or countless other valid uses...

23. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Ummm, that's what she said . . .

24. whitmanjg macrumors member

whitmanjg

I use a clear case on my 5s. as much as i would like to have it naked it wouldnt be very useful anymore if something happened to it (by accident of course, i am always careful but you cant account for everything) and the front glass got smashed.

And there are a lot of other reasons other than the build that make the 5s superior to the 5c.

25. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I use my phone for those uses. But I bought it because I liked how it looked.

Come on. If we all operated on this mentality that it's only a "tool" then there would be no need for competition. No need for other handset makers. If it was only a tool, there'd be one standard, one maker and no one would care.