Why Clinton's pitch on the economy is so weak

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 16, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/hillary-clinton-is-blowing-it-on-the-economy-193752302.html

trump sucks, and Hillary is tied to him :D

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

What candidate Bill Clinton had said in 1992 (@2:58) sounds incredibly articulate, and focused on core issues Americans were concerned about, which is a big factor in his winning, twice:

And, yes, Congress is a big factor as well.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Dammit @jkcerda, wish I knew you were gonna post a thread about a Clinton "pitch" today... I woulda saved the Major League clip for this one.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

THE thread & link are about Hillary.

if it makes you feel better thinking that then have at it :D

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wow. Does Rick Newman realize the Yahoo finance guys he quotes are an embarrassment to the upper levels of Yahoo management? I knew there was some reason I don't even get quotes off that site...

It doesn't matter if Clinton's policy statements are boring. Those guys at Yahoo whom Newman quoted don't sound at all like they realize Clinton does have positions and explains them on her website. Now they are not average Joe in the street. They work in a newsroom. It doesn't matter if Rick Newman can somehow rationalize the ignorance of his colleagues while putting the blame for that on Clinton's presentation being boring. Ignorance is ignorance. Maybe this what Yahoo gets when if they hire a bunch of libertarians to ferret out "financial news" from the internet these days. Whatever they get paid, it's too much.

Well at least Newman put a link to Hillary Clinton's website in the piece. Maybe those Yahoo finance dolts can take comfort in something they find in her policy statements while they seek new employment.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thought the same thing :D

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Yahoo! doltage begins with Marissa Mayer.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah, that's my point.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you have no point :D

11. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

While both sides are massaging the definition of who or what a job creator is I think it’s time we move terrorists to the top tier for their unparalleled ability to create jobs for our military and their contractors while maintaining a low overhead and inspiring their poor and disenfranchised to do something meaningful with their lives. Just ignore a few unfortunate messy details and it’s quite the success story.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the terrorist creating the work for our military happen to have been, Bush, Obama, Clinton .

13. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy