Why did Apple not improve the flash?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Sep 15, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

How come they never improved the flash?

And does anybody else feel Apple made a good move keeping it 8 mega pixels as most 12mp camera phones produced over stretched pixelated pictures?

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

as long as low light was improved, I'll be happy. If you look at some of the low light shots from the Lumnia 920 (the ones the Verge took, not from Nokia as they are not trust worthy) look really good, I hope the iPhone 5 can come close to that.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

How could they improve flash? Dual flash? Srs question

And about the camera, yes MP isn't what matters the most it's all about the sensors. Unless you're going to print a poster you don't need a high MP count.

4. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

LED + xenon flash?

Xenon flash makes for great night photos.

5. MRxRoman macrumors newbie

tried to record my dog at night outside on my 4 and couldnt see anything past 5 feet when i had the flash on. it could have an improvement. we need a tacticle flash light upgrade haha, only kidding. Hopefully new lighting technology in the new iphone will improve that so we dont need a better flash.

6. mateo124 macrumors regular

I don't even care for the flash on my phone. It should work well without it. Well anyway the LED on my iP4 stopped working like 3 months after getting the phone