Why did California Democrats turn on Feinstein?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Feb 26, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Curious, why do you think the Cali Dems suddenly decide not to endorse Dianne Feinstein? Was it her comment that Trump could turn out to be a good leader? Is it strictly partisan? I'm kinda hesitant to believe it was actually done because Cali Dems feel like new leadership would be better in moving forward. It has to be purely partisan IMO.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It's the democratic parties turn to get fractured just like the GOP has been. It's going to be great and where going to continue to get jack squat done from now until the end of time. If we want to get anything done one party is going to have to take all of congress and the WH, then they'll have to wrangle their little bastard sub party (Marxist or tea baggers) into joining the party to vote so not everything turns into a "bang your head against the wall" excercise in governing. I mean we've already had a Speaker of the House retire cause he basically said "**** this ****, you've all lost your minds".

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Liberals feel off the left end of stupid in Commiefornia long ago.

Don't try to ascribe reason to what liberals do.o_O

4. 0007776 Suspended

The Democrats are having their own version of the tea party with this time it being far left nuts instead of far right nuts.

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Since she didn’t get 60% of the vote, they’re endorsing her or her challenger whose supposedly more liberal

6. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I laugh at those from states like North Carolina who bad mouth other states. Let’s measure economies. Now that’s a hilarious joke for sure lol.

7. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's an interesting perspective.

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Republicans: "Why won't the Democrats ever change anything, why!!??"

Dems let Dianne Feinstein go and look to the future: "Why can't the Democrats keep their leadership!!??

Rinse, repeat.

9. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

We’re going full Soviet Union, last I heard Jerry Brown is trying to convince Putin to transfer Lenin’s embalmed remains to Sacramento.

10. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I think mrkramer is essentially correct. The people who attend the Democratic convention in California generally skew more liberal, or progressive, so it is natural that they will endorse candidates who are farther left than Feinstein.

That said, she’s leading by a large margin with regular, semi-sane California voters.

11. darksithpro, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018

darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great, both political parties get even more politically extreme, meaning less compromise.

12. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Did anyone happen to catch John Kasich and John Hickenlooper on ABC This Week yesterday? A great example of two people from different parties reaching compromise. We could use more of that right now.

13. Zenithal macrumors 604

Most people in California don't actually like Feinstein. She's always been at the forefront because no one was strong enough to go against her. She's accomplished a lot in her life, there is no doubt about that. But not all of it are great accomplishments in terms of questionable statements and movements. It's time to pass the torch onto new blood and hope for the best.

14. 0007776 Suspended

I’m hoping that the moderates of both parties will dump their extremists and run a moderate third party candidate to challenge Trump and whatever far left candidate the Democrats come up with. Otherwise I’ll have to just throw away my vote next time around.

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Yeah, that's the sense that I get from people in CA as well. If Democrats want to really make some changes they need to do more than just bash Trump, it starts from within and they really need a change of the old guard.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

She's old and they need some new blood, Pelosi is next. Going to be funny watching the left gobble her up though.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

You know Trump is 71 years old, right?

18. 0007776 Suspended

But he is the godlike dear leader, he doesn’t age or have any health problems.

19. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, and here I thought that was the only platform Democrats had.o_O

20. 0007776 Suspended

You’re getting them mixed up with Republicans who only have a platform of bash Obama’s and Clinton.

21. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Except the most “extreme” left of the Democratic Party in power fall squarely at “Eisenhower Republican” in policy terms. There is no left in the USA, not in power anyway.

22. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Both parties need to be dropped. Platform politics have ruined this country. Washington did warn us.

23. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

The Democrats have their internal factional rivalries too. I figure that "Democrats" might cover voters ranging from far left liberal eco-terrorists, and then more moderate "establishment" suit-and-tie Democrats, and you might even have the somewhat conservative working class Reagan Democrats or even the Wall-Street-and-Hollywood glam millionaire Clinton Democrats.

Feinstein probably is viewed as a stale "establishment Democrat" one of the leaders that have been there all along but have been ineffective in terms of moving forward with legislative agenda and party platform.

Out with the old, in with the new.

24. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fair enough. That's a legitimate claim. Thanks for being honest.

25. Zenithal macrumors 604

They don't like her much either. She's highly partisan and has some weird old-school habits that simply don't flow in 2018.

That and by new blood, most Dems want someone younger and who can actually make an impact on the future for both Californian Republicans and Democrats alike. She needs to go like Feinstein and Rora-Ruska. You either love the woman to death or you hate her guts. There is no middle-ground with her. Her support is declining each year.