Why did my iPad air 2 come with iOs 8.4.1 and not iOs 9?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Is this a good thing since I can choose to update to iOs 9?
    Why didn't the iPad Air 2 come with iOs 9?

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I expect it was manufactured and sealed in its box before the release of iOS9...

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Is that a good or a bad thing?

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Neither. Its just the way it is. You can upgrade it and you'll never notice the difference.

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Why won't I know the difference?

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I meant, you won't notice the difference between one that was preloaded with IOS9 and one that was upgraded. Not, you won't notice the difference between 8 and 9.

7. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I wish it came with iOs 9. All my iDevices are using different versions.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

It happens. I get crazy when the change the power cords. I like having cords everywhere that fits everything. Upgrading isn't that hard, only takes a few minutes,

9. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Upgrade all your devices to iOS 9 yourself? Then you won't have the problem anymore.

10. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I don't want to upgrade them to iOs 9 for some reason - can I downgrade if I upgrade?

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can help with that.

12. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

13. newellj macrumors 601

So upgrade it - it's free.

14. newellj macrumors 601

Apple is no longer signing 8.4.1, so no, you can't go back if you upgrade. Do you want to upgrade or not?

15. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Well, you have to sort out your priorities and act accordingly. You say you want IOS 9 on all devices and you wish that your iPad came with IOS 9 but you're worried about upgrading to IOS 9? 8.4.1 wouldn't have been an option anyway if your iPad came with 9.

16. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

if you want to downgrade iOS later then don't bother upgrade to iOS 9.

17. Skyhawk21 macrumors regular

Want advice from users on the forum??

DO NOT UPGRADE!!! IOS 9 has to many issues/bugs/glitches to list. Actually many already listed under this thread and all other Apple related threads a thousand times.

Keep it on IOS 8.4.1 if you want 100 percent core functionality meaning everything and apps within OS and 3rd party working as intended. Also smoothness and apple visual magic works at 60fps. Also keyboard works correctly...

If you upgrade, no going back to older version. So you will be stuck with a paper weight that you can either return for a refund in so many days or if you get stuck with it, sell it on eBay or craigslist at depreciated value.

My iPad mini 2 is on 8.4.1 and works perfect and correctly with great battery life.

My iPad Air 1 is on 8.2 and works perfect and correctly with great battery life.

Why mess something up by upgrading? 3 stupid new features and worse battery life will not be worth it, trust me!

18. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Hmmmmmmm... you have a point. I'll wait until it becomes more stable. Thank you. :)

19. cynics macrumors G3

Hahah you are having a psychological problem. You wish it came with iOS 9 so you can remove any blame from yourself if it was a bad idea.

Like you've already decided I'd just stick with 8.4.1 for a little bit. Watch reviews when 9.1 is released and see what the improvements are.

Me personally I don't have a problem with iOS 9 on my Air 2. It offers enough features that I can overlook most of the bugs. That said it's far from perfect.