Why did my iPad air 2 come with iOs 8.4.1 and not iOs 9?

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Is this a good thing since I can choose to update to iOs 9?
Why didn't the iPad Air 2 come with iOs 9?

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I expect it was manufactured and sealed in its box before the release of iOS9...

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
I wish it came with iOs 9. All my iDevices are using different versions.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
It happens. I get crazy when the change the power cords. I like having cords everywhere that fits everything. Upgrading isn't that hard, only takes a few minutes,

Reactions: macaximx

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I don't want to upgrade them to iOs 9 for some reason - can I downgrade if I upgrade?
Well, you have to sort out your priorities and act accordingly. You say you want IOS 9 on all devices and you wish that your iPad came with IOS 9 but you're worried about upgrading to IOS 9? 8.4.1 wouldn't have been an option anyway if your iPad came with 9.

Skyhawk21

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2015
Want advice from users on the forum??

DO NOT UPGRADE!!! IOS 9 has to many issues/bugs/glitches to list. Actually many already listed under this thread and all other Apple related threads a thousand times.

Keep it on IOS 8.4.1 if you want 100 percent core functionality meaning everything and apps within OS and 3rd party working as intended. Also smoothness and apple visual magic works at 60fps. Also keyboard works correctly...

If you upgrade, no going back to older version. So you will be stuck with a paper weight that you can either return for a refund in so many days or if you get stuck with it, sell it on eBay or craigslist at depreciated value.

My iPad mini 2 is on 8.4.1 and works perfect and correctly with great battery life.

My iPad Air 1 is on 8.2 and works perfect and correctly with great battery life.

Why mess something up by upgrading? 3 stupid new features and worse battery life will not be worth it, trust me!

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Want advice from users on the forum??

DO NOT UPGRADE!!! IOS 9 has to many issues/bugs/glitches to list. Actually many already listed under this thread and all other Apple related threads a thousand times.

Keep it on IOS 8.4.1 if you want 100 percent core functionality meaning everything and apps within OS and 3rd party working as intended. Also smoothness and apple visual magic works at 60fps. Also keyboard works correctly...

If you upgrade, no going back to older version. So you will be stuck with a paper weight that you can either return for a refund in so many days or if you get stuck with it, sell it on eBay or craigslist at depreciated value.

My iPad mini 2 is on 8.4.1 and works perfect and correctly with great battery life.

My iPad Air 1 is on 8.2 and works perfect and correctly with great battery life.

Why mess something up by upgrading? 3 stupid new features and worse battery life will not be worth it, trust me!
Hmmmmmmm... you have a point. I'll wait until it becomes more stable. Thank you. :)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I don't want to upgrade them to iOs 9 for some reason - can I downgrade if I upgrade?
Hahah you are having a psychological problem. You wish it came with iOS 9 so you can remove any blame from yourself if it was a bad idea.

Like you've already decided I'd just stick with 8.4.1 for a little bit. Watch reviews when 9.1 is released and see what the improvements are.

Me personally I don't have a problem with iOS 9 on my Air 2. It offers enough features that I can overlook most of the bugs. That said it's far from perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.