Why did you choose the iPhone 5 color you chose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jordanb505, Sep 15, 2012.

1. jordanb505 macrumors newbie

Just like the title says. Why'd you choose black over white for the iPhone 5? Or white over black? :)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It'd be easier with a poll. FYI, chose black.

3. Davewithak macrumors regular

Because in my opinion, the white version looks much better than the black. Plus, if scratched, the anodized black aluminum on the black version will show silver.

4. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

5. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

What he said

6. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

Black seems a bit more guyish and more professional looking IMO. It also helped that my girlfriend wanted white and I wanted the opposite color as her so it would be easier to tell whose is whose.

If she wanted the black one I wouldn't have minded getting white. If there's one you're set on then just get it.

7. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I agree with this. I always get white Apple products while my fiancé gets black. Easier to keep our items separate as well.

Only time I had a black phone was with the 4 because Apple almost made me cry when they didn't have the white at launch.

8. nparmelee macrumors 6502

I must be an odd girl, ordered black. Hubby probably will get black too.

9. bryxcore macrumors newbie

haha. black, white, guys, girls. who cares! im a guy and i got the white one. maybe it'll attract girls attention if i pull it out in front of them. right? :p

10. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I think the black looks sleeker, the white is more feminine and my wife got that. We've both had black iPhones for the past two years so it'll be nice to finally be able to tell them apart without first having to turn th screen on.

11. AML225 macrumors regular

How is the white one "feminine"? I really question people who associate gender with their cell phone.

12. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Similar to others, the black feels more masculine IMO. And my wife prefers white--seems to complement her more feminine choices of cases better (purples and pinks)--so it's easier to keep 'em straight.

13. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Yup.

14. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

The only phone allowed in uniform regs is black, blue or grey.

15. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Hmm... never thought of it that way! Especially now that it's gained half an inch! ;) :D

16. steviec macrumors member

Well I ordered white, I think I like it better, but I'm not sure. All the pictures don't do any them justice and without a hands on feel its always a tough decision.

I was actually thinking that if I don't like the white one, I would return it within my 30 day window for a black version.

But can you actually do that?

17. DaveOP macrumors 65816

I went with the black. Something about the two tone on the white turned me off to it. Can't blame anyone either way though.

18. itsaustinh macrumors member

I picked the black iPhone because I just got a white iPad and I wanted to change things up. I also liked how the edges looked on the black model more than the white. If the design were the same as the 4/4S I would probably have gotten a white one.

19. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

My 3G (8GB) and 4 (32GB) were black. I decided to go for a different change of pace and get white this time. Got the 64GB one

20. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Because everyone knows black is cooler than white... :cool:

Just kidding.....

21. Jnava420 macrumors regular

black

had a black 3gs and 4, got a white 4s the white seemed to lose some of its brightness and ive seen friends who abuse their phone who happen to have white that had a yellow tint, and like a black dirt boarder to it, someone had light brown marks and he said it was from tobacco falling out of his cigs and then into his pocket where his phone would be placed at times, idk that sounds a lil crazy to me I dont mean to rag on white cause thats what it feels like im doing but I went black its classic and matches the ipad, xbox, ps3 just all my gadgets really

22. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Black.....just to drive sexist morons who think their phone reflects their gender crazy!

23. Castle87 macrumors regular

White. I picked it for 2 reasons. The biggest reason being that I had the black iphone 4 for two years, and I really wanted to feel like I'm getting a new phone and not just a longer screened version of my old phone. The second being black didn't appeal to me at all this time around.

24. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Black/Slate... because I've always wanted a "blacked out" iPhone... which was only possible via sketchy third-party parts... until now. Thank you, Apple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Texran macrumors regular

White

White, previously because the white back didn't show fingerprints as bad, plus it's easier to locate.