Why do a lot of people defend 16GB iPhones based on sales? Most people don't know how much data....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

A 4K video would take or how much pictures they can take.
    They may think 16GB works normally. I mean 16GB in 2009 was much different than today.
    Videos were 480p..The camera was 3.2 MP and the apps were smaller too. So for them YES at that time 16GB was enough but today it is not and it's a joke. I don't understand why people defend 16GB because of sale and because thinking it's enough for people when in reality it is not enough in late 2015. The iPhone 6S Plus has a 1080 display and 4K video 12MP photos and HD apps. It will take much more space than an iPhone 3GS from 2009.
    6 YEARS...Same base storage is a joke.
    Why defend Apple when it's truly greed? based on sales? moral ?
    If we are loyal to Apple.
    They should be loyal to us.
    Been a fan since 2007 so I LOVE Apple but hate greed.

2. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

3. psylence2k macrumors 6502

I think he means whenever someone says " Apple should get rid of the 16GB "

certain people say " Why ? It's the highest selling model "

4. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

Who are you to decide what is enough for someone you do not know?

5. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

I'm getting the 64gb for the price of a 32gb phone. I'm happy.

6. darkgremio macrumors 6502

Phil Schiller has spoken before why they have to keep a 16gb option. It's largely due certain price models and target marketing techniques. The 16gb is the most widely adopted model and Apple manufacturers the most 16gb models. I guess it's considered the economical premium iPhone. I used to purchase the baseline, but now it doesn't cut with the much need storage capacity for iOS and your favorite games and apps plus photos and videos

7. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Not sure why RedTomato thought to bring back a year old zombie thread but psssssst... Apple doesnt sell 16gb phones anymore.

32/128/256 are the storage tiers now across the board and are no longer a sore spot for Apple devices. The fact that Apple upgraded every tier for free surprised me quite a bit and felt very un-Apple like (even though they should have made the storage bump 2 years earlier).

8. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

While I would prefer more storage space, my 16 GB iPhone 5 has done very well for me.

I rarely run out of space. About once a year I move my pictures and videos to the computer to free up space.

If I'd had to choose between not being able to afford the phone, or going with less storage, I'd choose less storage.

Now, I do know someone who struggles using the same model phone I have. But they store music, movies, and pictures. And spend all day doing apps and such.

I use mine as a camera and phone, and web browser with email.

So it all depends on a persons usage. If you want your music library, and movies, then yes you'll need more space.

9. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Whoops, yes, you're right in every respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.