Why do confederate idolizers fly the Nazi flag?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BigAppleNYC123, Sep 20, 2017.

1. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

punch the words “Nazi confederate” into google images. Add the word flag if you wish.

Why do confederate idolizers like to fly the Nazi flag?

Conversely, why do Germans fly the confederate flag in place of the Nazi flag? If you didn’t know this is the case, google it.

It appears to me that the ideologies of
    Nazism and confederatism are similar enough that Americans can fly both simultaneously, while Germans fly the confederate flag as a place holder for the Nazi flag.

What do you think is the reasoning why American confederate idolizers fly the Nazi flag?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2017 ---
    I have more pictures if they are needed.

Attached Files:

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I don't know if this is as big a trend as you make it out to be. I live in Texas and I see confederate flags everywhere. I've never seen a nazi flag in person.

3. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Thank you for your reply. What about the reverse? Why do German nazi sympathizers fly the confederate flag.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

In Germany, I think they do it to get around the anti-Nazi laws.

5. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

You didn’t answer the question exactly :).

The question is not why do they not fly the Nazi flag. The question is why they choose the confederate flag. Nazis in Germany don’t fly the American flag or the LGBT rainbow flag. They fly the confederate flag. Why?

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm just curious, have you ever been to Germany?

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

They are fans of the Duke brothers (not to be confused with those working on Wall Street).

8. eatrains macrumors 6502

I guess because Nazis and the Confederacy have something in common: both were enemies of the American people.

9. Gutwrench, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Let me understand this....you’re amazed that a search clause of “Nazi Confederate” turns up pictures of confederates with a Nazi flag?

Well....I’m just as perplexed that a search clause of “confederate penguin” produces images of penguins carrying the Stars N Bars. Wtf? :mad:

7992C825-5639-4CB2-A07C-5B961A30E2B5.jpeg

10. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Cartoon vs real life.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2017 ---
    Source?

11. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Nope. Why?

12. Zenithal macrumors 604

No one ever said these individuals were the epitome of intelligence. Most of them would have been liquidated under Nazi Germany.

13. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Stupid people can be evil... I never claimed they were intelligent.

14. Zenithal macrumors 604

Nor did I claim you stated such a fact.

15. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I wasn't aware that they did. I don't know any German nazi sympathizers.

16. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I think it's mostly a matter of strength in numbers, and the fact that both ideologies were somewhat rooted in white supremacy over other races. They really are not that similar, as nazis believed in the supremacy of one part of the white race over all others, to include other whites. However, over the years, white supremacist such as the KKK have adopted the Confederate flag, and other symbols of the Confederacy to spread racial hatred, and they have "cross pollinated", if you will with nazi sympathizers.

Some of us, find it disgusting that this has happened, we merely want to honor our dead, and the memory of our dead, it doesn't mean we want to project the ideals, or ideas of white supremacy or nazi ideology. We can't stop these people from using our flags and monuments to project a mutation of our beliefs, our culture, or the reason our ancestors felt the need to fight for their right to self determination and to live under a government of laws of their own choosing.

17. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Thank you for the thoughtful response.

18. 0098386 Suspended

LOL yeah it thought that too. Kinda funny that such a comparison was made.

Anywho. Why do they do it? I dunno, there seems to be a merging of all right wing groups at the moment. Nazis, alt right, confederate fans, GOP, right wing. Etc they all seem to hang out with each other. At least that’s how it appears, I think if you’re grouped with nazis you might want to rethink your position or speak out against nazis. (Sub topic I really want to bring up sometime; why don’t right wing people ever speak out against white terrorism, hating immigrants stealing money but not big businesses doing the same. They’re all really quiet on it)