Why do I think that we won't see an iPhone 5S this summer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismarle, Apr 11, 2013.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Since a lot of people seems to think that Apple will announce an iPhone 5S this summer (sounds like WWDC to me), I have to say that at the time being, it sounds like they won't announce it.

it's pretty simple, actually. Apple ever introduce a new iPhone without having a X.0 version of iOS in advanced beta testing (2 months or more). For this reason, of they don't announce iOS 7 in the next two weeks (which sounds unlikely), no new iPhone will be shown at WWDC or in June. July? August? We'll see that in May but if they don't show it in May (which would be logical since WWDC will be right around the corner and it would be a better idea for them to announce everything at WWDC), it will be like the last 2 iPhones and it will be announced in September.

Thoughts?

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Technically, they announced last year's iPhone in summer.

3. irDigital0l Guest

Sep is fall.

Aug is late summer.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I don't know how you got your technical standards of "Aug is late summer" but last time I checked a calendar, Fall starts Sept. 22.

5. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I don't see why people always assume Apple will always follow the same schedule. Even their investors are pushing them to make changes in their release schedule. So there is no way to tell what their plans are at this point.

6. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

lol

7. Fdfan100 macrumors member

At the rate the competition is going, I see Apple going for a release date not to far behind of the competitors' flagships release time. Last year, S III had a good 3 month head start on the iPhone 5. I'm hoping they get back to the mid-summer release schedules, haven't seen that since the iPhone 4.