Why do people choose to sell their device to gazelle or recycling company ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mplayers2005, Jan 12, 2014.

1. mplayers2005, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014

mplayers2005 macrumors newbie

Was trying to get some input for my paper in english class,I want to hear from from people who would sell to these company & pervious customers who have sold their device to gazelle or any Recycling website.

I want to know why they picked the site they did?

How did they first find the site ?

How accurate was the quote ?

Did they have any issue or wish they could of did more in a area ?

Would they sell another item in the future again?

2. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

i sold an iPhone 4s through gazelle. The price was a little lower then ebay or craigslist but you are guaranteed the money. I have read countless threads about ebay nightmares and craigslist ripoffs. For the $50 less that they give you it is worth the piece of mind that you won't get robbed by meeting someone or the buyer files a claim with ebay saying that you sent them a box with nothing in it.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You might want to proof read your title.

If you choose to edit it, go to post# 1, click Edit > Go Advanced, and then you can edit the title.

Just a suggestion...:)

4. mplayers2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol nice save

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I sold my iPhone 4 on Amazon. Amazon gave the best price, and delivered on the estimate.

The downside for some will be that Amazon does not make a direct payment to the seller, but rather an Amazon Gift Card. For those, like myself, who do a great deal of shopping on Amazon, that was fine. However, even though they usually give the best price...if you don't shop on Amazon it's a pretty useless suggestion.:eek:

:)

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ho, hum. On Amazon, I have bought stuff - quite a lot of stuff - (usually books, yes, indeed, quite solid things, actually, those found preferably between hard covers). Or CDs....

Actually, inexplicably, the art of selling is quite beyond me.............

7. Shrink, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Selling and iPhone or iPad on Amazon is very easy. They will send necessary packaging materials and postage label, too...if I remember correctly.

Here is the link, for future reference.

Edit: Oops, that's the US Amazon link. Just Google "How to sell iPhone on Amazon" for European link. Sorry!

Edit the Second: Here's the Amazon UK link, for thems that's interested!

8. trewyn15 macrumors 6502

I agree here, ebay ALWAYS sides with the buyer. I've lost money a couple of times due to scammers on Ebay and Ebay telling me it's the 'risk of doing business'.

For this reason I only buy on Ebay, all my selling is done on Amazon now.

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I just don't trust those buy back phone sites. I've read many comments of people sending perfect condition phones only to have the company state there was a flaw and sent a lower payment than agreed on. Not saying this is common practice, but knowing my luck I rather not chance it.

I sell all my phones on Craigslist. Never had a problem and always get the amount that I want.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sold an iPad to Gazelle and had no issues with it, and got the full amount they promised on their website. I'd rather get less, but guaranteed cash, than deal with the morons and scammers on eBay.

11. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I gave mine to my son. Now he has a non-contract phone on our plan, so it's much cheaper per month than buying him a new phone, and I'm a lot less worried about him losing it (although he's already broken the screen).

12. Bear macrumors G3

No ebay fees, no paypals. No issues with the buyer making absurd claims.

I traded my old iPod touch in to Amazon for about the same price I could've gotten on ebay or Craig's List without the hassle of either. I got the payment in the form of an Amazon gift card, but since I buy stuff from Amazon, that's was fine by me.