why do people prefer to wait in line in front of apple instead of verizon,att,etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twinning, Oct 13, 2011.

1. twinning macrumors newbie

Sorry for being a noob but doesn't it seem a little pointless to wait outside at an apple store for an iphone while verizon att sprint target sams club best buy and radio shack all have the iphone coming at 8am on the 14th? Am I missing something? And yes I already know that they should have ordered online in the first place.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Apple Store = larger stock of iPhones, better service, lots of other cool Apple stuff to buy.

3. fjrabon macrumors regular

1) Better experience. I don't get this either, but for some people it's a big deal
    2) Apple has A LOT more phones than any of their carriers. The carriers don't even know when and how much stock they'll get. Basically Apple jsut sends them some amount of iPhones whenever Apple feels like it.
    3) Apple is known for sometimes bringing things out to the people waiting in line. In the past there's been ice cream at some stores, etc. Guess this is a minor deal, but does enhance point 1, I guess.
    4) For this phone it will be perhaps easier to get apple care+
    5) easier to buy accessories (more selection than a carrier store will have)
    6) Apple employees are more used to this, and the stores are better set up, as they have multiple 'wait in line' releases every year. Even though the volume is substantially greater at Apple Stores they deal with the traffic WAY better than any of the carrier stores.

4. twinning thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully everyone is thinking the same way as you guys do cuz I'm going to try my chances at verizon. I also don't see the point of applecare+ when there is insurance from squaretrade.com which seems better.

5. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

all of the above +

apple stores just = fun

other stores = monkey effing a football

:apple:

6. rkahl macrumors 65816