why do some AT&T 64GB iPad 2 have part number MD067LL/A? (instead of MC775LL/A)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by austinuser, May 16, 2011.

1. austinuser macrumors newbie

Hi,

Apple shows the part number for the black, at&t, 64gb iPad 2 at MC775LL/A, however some of the boxes I've seen have the part number MD067LL/A printed on the back instead. I can't seem to find anything googling for this part number. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Maybe those are the ones that contain the new "fixed" LCD screens? :D As always, I'm most likely going to be wrong.... :eek:

3. austinuser thread starter macrumors newbie

I like your answer. :) but yeah, something tells me Apple isn't going to change the part number. :)

a little odd why google comes up empty on the search for it...

4. austinuser thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone? i'll try going by an apple store today to ask...

5. Grimes macrumors regular

I'm curious to know what answer they give you.

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Is it possible (I have no idea) that the other boxes don't include a SIM card? I don't mean the ViPad, but rather the GSM iPad but without a carrier SIM included?

7. str8bucs macrumors regular

8. gecis macrumors regular

Sounds like a sku number based on the factory were it was manufactured. Maybe it's a different location in China?

9. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Did you try either chatting online with someone in apple sales or calling and going through the process of ordering one on the phone?

Also isn t there a thread about new Samsung LCD's or something's changing in the LCD in June and maybe these are early arrivals ?

10. georgio777 macrumors newbie

I just talked with an Apple Representative and she told me that those iPads that have MD067LL/A as part number are those that are intended to be sold on AT&T stores/retailers.

This iPads have an additional description in the box (shown in the picture below) which states Carrier Part No. 68104, this part number is the item SKU of the product description in the AT&T Store.

They seem to be unlocked as well, no main difference from those that have MC775LL/A as part number. So don't be scared if you are undecided on buying one of those. :D

Attached Files: